Is anyone still out there?

allichristine
on 10/25/10 5:58 am
Hi everyone- I am feeling discouraged. I had my surgery 6/1/09 and here I am 14 months later and I have gained back 11 lbs from my lowest.
I started at 313 dropped to 171 and now I am at 182!!!
I am freaking out. Anyone else in the same situation? I know its because of my choices, eating too much, too many carbs, not excersizing, and too much wine...when I got on the scale it was a slap in the face though- any words of wisdom? Some encouragement would be great!
Saundra P.
on 10/28/10 9:51 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi,

You dropped over 130 pounds which is GREAT so focus on that and try not to let your regain get you discouraged.  I am sure if you go back to the basics it will come off. 

I have been at goal for a couple of months and I fear like everyone else regain.  To try to prevent it for the most part I still weight and measuring my food and I also step on the scale every morning so when I get out of my weight range I can make changes and get back on track.

Sorry I have no words of wisdom but I know you can get those 11 lbs off.

Good luck on your journey

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/10 12:13 am
VSG on 06/08/09 with
 OK, take that slap in the face as a wake up call.  This is simply cause and effect.  Cut the carbs and cut the wine.  YOU ARE NOT NORMAL; DON'T EAT LIKE YOU ARE.  This would be like an alcoholic saying I can just have a little beer so long as I don't drink vodka.   This not good or bad, it is just reality.  For those of us with a history of obesity, we will always have the body chemistry that wants us to gain weight.  
LisaP2200
on 4/18/11 4:15 am - MA
I am in the exact same situation.  I lost 200lbs and I have now gained 13lbs back from my smallest weight.  I know mine is from not exercising and eating poorly as well.  A few tips...

1. Consider doing a food journal again...I know it seems so right out of surgery and all but it will keep you honest and you will know exactly what you are putting in your mouth

2.  Try and work your way up to a steady routine again when it cmes to working out.  Remember those days back when you were first released from the hospital and all you could do was walk?  Well just walk.  Once you are back on your routine you will feel much better even if it is just a little walk to start with for now.  Work your way up!

3.  Stop blaming yourself because you are just going to eat more.  The more you let this bother you without taking action the more this is going to cause you to eat your feelings or get stuck in the "I can't do this" rut.  Don't get stuck.

4.  Contact some of your original supporters from when you had your surgery and tell them you feel like you may have fallen off the tracks a little and need some of that good ole support again.  If they are true supporters they will be there for you.

5.  Are you still eating your protein first?  If you are it should fill you up and help with the mindless eating a little more. 

6.  Instead of reaching for food try and reach for a glass of water.  I keep my gigangtic water bottle with me everywhere I go and always make sure I have enough water to get me through wherever I am going.  If I make my water the thing to reach for I tend to do better on my mindless eating that day.

Since I started practicing these little things I have lost 5 of the 13lbs I had gained.  If my stubborn butt can do it, I know you can!
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 10:43 pm
On January 24, 2011 at 5:26 PM Pacific Time, kelfury wrote:

I had rny 06/22/2009. I keep myself in check by weighing in every week and if I am a couple pounds up I know I need to keep track of what I'm eating. I can eat a lot more these days and I still make some bad choices but by weighing myself every week I can keep it in check. I went to the extreme of having surgery to help me lose the weight and I want to be able to continue to use the tool to keep the weight off. My scale is like my baby sitter lol. For me, it is a necessary evil.

just started a thread - but this was my topic.  My surgery date was 06/03/2009.  Went from 243 to 163 but then settled aroudn 167....until about 3 months ago when i went back to work - and am now 174 :(

i weigh myself daily....
mandykay80
on 7/9/12 11:54 am - MN
 I am in a real real bad boat.  Not sure if anyone reads this thread anymore.....but....
So I started at 350.  The lowest I got was 187 or 191, depending  :)  I am now at 243.....YIKES!!!!!HELP!!!!  My first step was to get the hell back on here!!!!  I like the one post, baby steps back like we did at the begining.  I know it sounds kinda fake, but with it being bedtime, I am gonna start tomorrow  ;)  YAWN!  

Night all!
kelfury
on 1/24/11 9:26 am - PA

I had rny 06/22/2009. I keep myself in check by weighing in every week and if I am a couple pounds up I know I need to keep track of what I'm eating. I can eat a lot more these days and I still make some bad choices but by weighing myself every week I can keep it in check. I went to the extreme of having surgery to help me lose the weight and I want to be able to continue to use the tool to keep the weight off. My scale is like my baby sitter lol. For me, it is a necessary evil.

Most Active