When do liquids start?

meszler
on 6/3/10 4:47 am
I am two weeks out and from some of the posts on here a lot of people have been starting there liquid diets then, my paperwork says to start the low carb diet two weeks out and liquid diet 24 hours prior to surgery. Am I missing something?

jefferson24
on 6/3/10 2:21 pm
I am looking forward to seeing if anyone has any input why we would have such different diets.  I was told when I asked why some are so much less restrictive "this is the right diet for our program" Ummmm is it the right diet for me?  I think it is almost kinda mean.  I have no calorie liquids and 3 oz of protien a day.. and 1/4 cups of ice cream a few times a day due to taking Blood Sugar meds.. I do wi**** was consistent.  I have read it will help with my recovery to shrink the liver and to deplete the fatty tissue around the stomach... Does your surgeon have a lot of experience?  Maybe that plays a part. I guess I have to follow really close since I have to loose 16 pounds prior to surgery!

Looking forward to the comments...
imonly30yo
on 6/4/10 3:03 am - charlotte , NC
Hello all
 Well I will be having the RNY on Monday and my Dr. put me on a 2week liquid diet ,max 1000 calories that includes my 60 grams of protein  and this is to shrink my liver so it will not get in the way of his tools. Every doctor does different for their office because a friend of mine didn't have to do the liquids at all and another female has to do them for a month. So my thing is to follow your doctor and everything will be fine.   
Be sweet don't eat it  
meszler
on 6/4/10 7:02 am
I have been hearing that a lot, that each doctor is different, so I guess I won't stress to much.  Good luck with your surgery on Monday, are you ready for your new life to begin?

Brandywyne
on 6/6/10 1:22 pm - Abingdon, MD
I have a two week liquid diet starting June7th and a lady in my class has surgery the same day and only has a one week diet to follow and this is all because she has last more of the weight they requested us to loss at the start of the class 6 months ago.So it pays to loss or you'll pay at the end.
Smiling_Irish_Eyes
on 6/12/10 2:58 pm - Frederick, MD

I am scheduled for the 23rd.  This past Wednesday I started on 2 weeks of the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan.  http://www.medifast1.com/5and1mealplan/index.aspx.  My choices were that  one (my doc's preferred plan), Carnation instant breakfast, or another one I can't think of right now.  I chose the Medifast so I didn't have to  make any choices / decisions.  I ordered the 2-week package and have been enjoying it.  Everything is pretty tasty.  The '1' is a lean & green meal that I prepare; the remainder are 5 mini meals consisting of Medifast shake, soup, pudding, protein bar, or oatmeal.  I've lost 7  pounds in 3 days.  I hope this continues until the 23rd! 

Michael C.
on 6/20/10 1:36 am - Seymour, IN
I am on a 1200 calorie diet for two weeeks then two days before surgery I am to go to clear liquids.
Thanks for posting I was wandering that too!
Strangers Any Meet and Be Merry!!        
Most Active
Recent Topics
lab band to gastric bypass?
prism4105 · 0 replies · 656 views
One year later
alittle110 · 4 replies · 1027 views
hibernation period
andyinmco · 1 replies · 1146 views
soft diet = soft stool?
dustmouse · 1 replies · 1022 views