My sugery dat is June 21st whoooooooo hooooo

lshortyl
on 6/15/10 12:54 am - Ardmore, TN
I have had my surgery date set for June 21st, but I'm new to this message board. I'm excited to climb aboard the skinny train.  I'm having a hard time with the liquid diet before surgery though. I'm a week into it and I feel like I'm starving. I know it's only like a week away but it's really getting hard. Does anyone have suggestions to make this a little bit easier?
Smiling_Irish_Eyes
on 6/15/10 11:11 am - Frederick, MD
Welcome!  I'm pretty new, too.  Just a week or so.  My date is 6/23.  I don't know what to tell you.  My doc has me on MediFast 5 & 1 plan, so I do get to eat solid foods.  I started drinking protein shakes for lunch and breakfast a couple of months ago to get used to it.  Even so, I don't know how I will do post-op.  That's got me somewhat nervous, but will deal with it then!  Best of luck to you.  Just a few more days!  :)  Take care.  -margaret
gatorchic74
on 6/18/10 7:57 am
My date is June 22nd. We're almost there!!! I have also been on a liquid diet for over a week now, I am hungry, but it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

mamacita123
on 6/18/10 12:49 pm
I know what your going through i just had my revision from LB to RNY on 03/16/2010 and the post surgical liquid diet is a detox, you will get through it!  You will need to in order to get the desire to eat so much outta your brain not your tummy!  I used to chew things to take the flavor out and spit it out inthe garbage and it really help ALOT......Hope this helps!
Most Active
Recent Topics
lab band to gastric bypass?
prism4105 · 0 replies · 656 views
One year later
alittle110 · 4 replies · 1027 views
hibernation period
andyinmco · 1 replies · 1145 views
soft diet = soft stool?
dustmouse · 1 replies · 1022 views