RNY On June 29th

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 6/27/10 5:12 am - Belleville, IL
I have my Surgery in 2 days! and I join everyone over on the "losers bench" what a funny term huh? "Losers Bench" but this time it means somemthing WONDERFUL, exciting and grand!

My house is stocked with protein shakes and powders that I like, and all manner of clear and sugar Free concoctions. My kitchen and cabinates look like a cross between a Mad Scientists laboratory and a bodybuilders gym room (from all the Whey Protein powder cannisters). Thankfully I love the stuff. I know so many people have problems with the protein powders and thankfully I am one of the weirds ones that actually loves the taste of them! I think the trick is that I mix them with skim milk or almond milk (light) from the beginning so they have a bit more Oooompf and flavor behind them.

Unjury makes a delicious chicken soup protein powder that you mix with warm water and is really, really good! In fact it is better than a lot of that low sodium broth crap.

I got a prescription for 10 Lovenox injectors and some kind of antiacid in a capsule (omeprazole). I'm thinking, "Ok, I can swollow this capsule NOW, but can I do it after surgery?" It says in bold letters to NOT crush or chew the capsule....Um. Well I will see what the doctor/surgeon/nurses say on this one. But it is things that make you go hmmmm.

Yesterday was actually the hardest day for me (psychologically) on the two week liquid diet. (And no, I did not cheat even once. Two weeks of clear liquids and protein shakes). But the family had grilled steak and that was ALWAYS my favorite food. So yesterday I did NOT eat dinner at the table with the rest of the family. I could smell that steak and grill smoke and charcoal and my stomach was doing flip flops of hunger. Then I was downing tons of water and low sodium broth. It wasn't pretty.

I tell myself that was the worst, and soon I will be able to slowly introduce chewable food back on the menu in about a month. If my scale at my house is to be believed (and it probably isn't. It's a cheap old scale) I am already nearly 20 lbs down from just the 15 days of liquids. I chalk it up to more closer around 12-13 lbs down which is still nice.

Tomorrow I am sure I will be a bundle of nerves the long night before surgery and the wait on tuesday morning before, and then...Over on the other side to do my walking and healing and sipping! (Yeah I been reading your guys posts on walking and sipping and walking) ;)

Good luck and many prayers and healing vibes to all of us who have had or are having surgery in June!
Warmly,
Jackie

rugratmama
on 6/28/10 4:32 am - Charlotte, NC
I wish you all the best Jackie. I'm having a ds done the day after you. Hopefully, we'll both be on the losers bench pretty soon!!

I finally quit cheating on my husband with Ben and Jerry! 

sw/250 cw/140 gw/150          

Most Active
Recent Topics
lab band to gastric bypass?
prism4105 · 0 replies · 652 views
One year later
alittle110 · 4 replies · 1024 views
hibernation period
andyinmco · 1 replies · 1141 views
soft diet = soft stool?
dustmouse · 1 replies · 1019 views