June 28th RNY...... updates

rondo
on 7/19/10 10:28 am
I was just wondering how everyone is doing that had their procedure on June 28th. Has the adjustment been easy or difficult? How is the weight loss going? Any frustrations?
frisco7713
on 7/21/10 11:35 pm, edited 7/21/10 11:39 pm
Hey there, I hope all is well.  I had mine (RNY) June 29th.  As of the 2 week post op visit I was down 23lbs.  For the most part things have been going well, some days were better than others  those first 2 weeks.  I had no energy and actually had a couple of dizzy spells but this past week I have been feeling more like myself.
I am still waiting to be 100% pain free, I had thought I would have bounced back alot quicker than I have.  I am off  work  until Aug. 2 and hoping to pain free by then.
Well good luck!
andyinmco
on 7/22/10 10:19 am - DELTONA, FL
Right now I'm in pain because earlier I think I moved the wrong way & pulled something around my Gtube. Otherwise I too had surgery on the 29th. I lost about 20 so far.The weights been frozen for a couple of days.  They call it the 2 week stall. I've done better then most. Gtube is giving me the most trouble. I had a bad rash w/ blisters until a couple days ago. Have not gotten sick at all. A little nausea but the medicine usually helps that. Still can't lie on my side or back, sleep sitting up in bed.Having trouble getting all my liquids in. I feel like I'm always drinking something & it still isn't enough.  I get the tube out on the 2nd so counting the days. Good luck to you!
Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/24/10 3:27 am - Belleville, IL
Andy-
You still have a tube in? Oh my! (((((hugs))))) is this just normal for your doctor or did you have complications? I know you will feel sooo much better once you have that tube out. I was lucky in that my surgeon took EVERYTHING out the day I left the hospital...No icky JP Drain, no "Q" ball no tubes.
I just had to go back a week later and get the metal staples out.

I know what you mean about "pulling" something, I did that about 2 weeks out from surgery when I had to bend down to clean one of the dog crates and I felt this "pull" thankfully the surgeon said everything was OK, and nothing popped.  Maybe having that tube in is making the muscles irritated and more prone to injury? (I'm no doctor but I could not even imagine having that tube in). I hope you get it out soon and get to feeling better! Good luck!
Warmly,.
Jackie

Yanet120
on 7/24/10 2:14 am - Rosamond, CA
I had mine on the 29th and doing great.. But i havent lost in the last week and ahalf. 
Its really starting to other me. But other then that im a bit backed up havent found a cure for that yet nothing seems to be working. But hubbys thinks its becasue i am not eatting enough so i am really trying to eat three times a day!
We will see how that works i oray that it gets the scale moving again!

bdr173
on 7/27/10 6:29 am
Hi there. I have been looking thru all the posts trying to find someone with surgery date close to mine. I had RNY on June 29th as well. However my weight has stalled as well and I was getting worried. I lost 21 pounds the first 2 weeks and nothing the 3rd week and then only 2 pounds 4th week. That seems alil slow compared to others though. I do know that I am still not getting all the protein yet that I need. Its very hard to get enough protein. I just get discouraged and start thinking this is it and the surgery didn't work.

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/24/10 3:23 am - Belleville, IL
LOL! We are all very similar in that we hit a "two week stall" means were all normal!
I had mine the 29th. Am now on soft foods and (knock on wood) doing really well. All incisions healed, no problems with any foods or any intolerances and I have lost 36 lbs since June 29th.
(I am 250 today from 286 on surgery day).  I walk around a mile everyday, (Although in this heat I do a lot of my walking indoors on the treadmill!) 

Also, like most of you. I am still healing internally, so I am not doing any weight lifting yet (which I can't wait to get back too!)  I had a rather fun "Wow!" moment the other day...

So yesterday Hubby and son and I go to Joe's Crab Shack (So I could have a few delicious steamed crab legs).
We got into a booth that just two months ago I would NOT have fit in! Today not only did I fit, but had like 6 inches + to spare in front of me! I was so happy that I yelled "Woo Hoo!!!!" out loud like a nutty woman...Hubby and son laughed with me and got my "WOW moment" right away especially as I kept making two hands go in front of me and the table! LOL!

It's so nice to see other "June Surgery" folks on here. I wish all of you the BEST journey on your weight loss surgery journey and continued improved health! ((((hugs))))
Warmly,
Jackie

Second WOW was how nice "real" food tasted again! I ordered the steamed crab legs, had maybe 3 whole crab legs, bought the rest home...Took them out of the shell, mixed it with a bit of low fat mayo, dill, fresh cracked pepper and a squirt of lemon juice....What a YUMMY crab salad! I am so happy I have had this surgery!

bdr173
on 7/27/10 6:39 am
Hey there, my name is Brenda and I had my RNY on June 29th as well. I am glad to read that I am not the only one with a weight stall this early in this journey. I have lost 22 pounds the first 2 weeks and nothing the 3rd and 2 pounds on 4th week. A little discouraging. Have you been able to get all your protein in??? I am having some trouble with that and was wondering if that is perhaps the problem. Its hard to understand how your weight can stall when your barely eating and eating healthy at that. I am going to request to be friends. I would really like to share our experiences since we had the same surgery date.

alittle110
on 9/6/10 11:26 am - Bucks County, PA
My surgery was on 6/17 and I have lost 38 lbs. I hit a stall on week three that lasted about three weeks! My support group were all like... "Ahhh, the three week stall". Apparently, stalls come and go. Just stick with what your doctor tells you and it will start dropping again. It is so easy for us to think we are a failure, but we aren't! Keep at it everyone!!

Kristine

rondo
on 9/7/10 11:03 am
It is now 10 weeks since my surgery and I am now down 45 pounds. I am still having problems finding proteins that I like. I think I could easily become a vegetarian as I seem to enjoy eating my veggies more than my protein. Is anyone else having these issues?

I continue to drink protein shakes to help supplement me and am dabbling in Greek Yogurt as another protein source. Pre surgery I loved chicken but now I can't stand it. I never would have believed there would come a day that I would say that. Any trouble with chicken or other meats; any suggestions on how to tolerate other protein sources other than shrimp, protein shakes and Greek yogurt?
Most Active
Recent Topics
lab band to gastric bypass?
prism4105 · 0 replies · 652 views
One year later
alittle110 · 4 replies · 1024 views
hibernation period
andyinmco · 1 replies · 1141 views
soft diet = soft stool?
dustmouse · 1 replies · 1019 views