Frustrated as my surgery date is next wk and I may have strep??

princessfrogee
on 6/13/11 8:22 am - AL
Earlier today I noticed I had those white bumps on one of those nodule things to the sides of the back of my throat and now throat is feeling icky like it does right before my allergies kick in.  Will be having to call my Dr tomorrow no matter what, but has anyone else had to deal with being on antibiotics right before surgery??  I just hope this does not put it off after what I have had to go through to get help at home during and after surgery. 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Diana C.
on 6/14/11 5:00 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 06/28/11 with
I have had those same white pus pockets on my tonsils and tested negative for strep.  Mine was exactly as you mentioned.  Allergies.  I don't know about it affecting your surgery date though if you end up needing antibiotics.
princessfrogee
on 6/14/11 5:41 am - AL
I went ahead and went to Urgent Care last night.  Tested neg. for strep.  Doc put me on Omnicef (had never heard of that antibiotic before) for sinus drainage and the fact that it could be early stages of strep and not showing on test.  Called surgeon's office today and as long as I am not running a fever, I should be fine.  SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT!!

lisaj803
on 6/15/11 7:34 am
I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and double ear infection.  I was worried about being on an antibiotic before surgery and my surgeon said the same thing.  I just don't want to have to deal with upper respiratory symptoms right after surgery.  I can't imagine coughing and sneezing like I have been doing lately  after surgery.  The pain, i think, will be terrible.

I hope you get better soon. And make sure you take the full course of medication.

Lisa
mlyssa971
on 6/14/11 6:33 am
awesome. glad its not too serious. My sinuses have been crazy the past few weeks so hopefully its just allergies.
princessfrogee
on 6/15/11 10:13 am - AL
Thanks!  It is still tender, but already getting better.

Most Active