Hi June Surgery Dates!!Are you all on Liquid Pre Op Diets??

Rachael Richardson
on 6/16/11 11:38 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with

As ordered by my surgeon on Monday I started the Opti Fast Pre-op diet before Surgery on the 20th.  It gives me diarrhea and I feel tired and exhausted. 

Is everyone doing Liquid Opti Fast??  How is everyone else doing on the pre-op diet?  Does everyone have to do this??

Donna

purplepeace79
on 6/16/11 1:28 pm - Bronx, NY
 I wasnt put on a liquid diet with the exception of 24 hours beforehand. 
I just cant drink alcohol, which has been soooo wack lol
I am used to a nice glass of wine every evening when I get home from work. Its been a tough adjustment.
I'm going to start my "diet" 48 hours ahead of time instead of 24, just to be on the safe side.
SW: 364  Surgery Date: 6.21.11 *VSG*  LifeOfANappyHeadedFatChic.tumblr.com

prettyinpink766
on 6/16/11 11:22 pm - Detroit, MI
On June 16, 2011 at 8:28 PM Pacific Time, purplepeace79 wrote:
 I wasnt put on a liquid diet with the exception of 24 hours beforehand. 
I just cant drink alcohol, which has been soooo wack lol
I am used to a nice glass of wine every evening when I get home from work. Its been a tough adjustment.
I'm going to start my "diet" 48 hours ahead of time instead of 24, just to be on the safe side.
Hey, I feel  you on that one! Not everyday for me but definately love me a glass of wine to unwind after work or a long day and the kids are asleep or gone, such an adjustment but soooo worth it. We have the same surgery date!! 

Rachael Richardson
on 6/18/11 1:09 pm - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
thanks...our dates our the same!  I have family in Detriot and Ferndale!  My daugher's father and aunt both went to Cas Tech back in the 80s.   I am so nervous feel like  a Margarita right now!!    but I am being good...
purplepeace79
on 6/19/11 4:34 pm - Bronx, NY
 How are you feeling? I'm nervous as heck! There was some last minute mix ups with my labs, but that should be cleared tomorrow. I'm mentally preparing but I'm nervous. This is it!
SW: 364  Surgery Date: 6.21.11 *VSG*  LifeOfANappyHeadedFatChic.tumblr.com

Rachael Richardson
on 6/18/11 1:01 pm - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
princessfrogee
on 6/16/11 3:28 pm - AL
When I was given my packet from the surgeon, it states 3-4 SF instant breakfast drinks and 64 oz of water per day.  But at my pre-op apt he ok'd SF jello, SF pudding, crm soups, etc.  You will have diarrhea no matter what.  "Liquid in - Liquid out".  He never regulated max calories either.

I have hypoglycemia and the instant breakfast wasn't working for me.  So the first two days I cheated some, but not too bad.  Day one I had a Tbsp or two of peanut butter and day two I had a terrible headache that had started the night before and did not stop so I gave in and had a little bit of Wendy's chili.  It went away and I have been fine since.  Today has been great.  I do a protein shake instead of the instant breakfast.  I try to keep it to two per day to get 60g protein in at least.  Then I have a bowl of broth or crm soup and jus****er the rest of the day.  Today I did good for the most part.

Are you taking your vitamins?  That will help a lot with the feeling weak and tired.  Especially the B12!  You are almost there, hang in there!  You will make it!

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Rachael Richardson
on 6/18/11 1:06 pm - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Thanks!!  I am hanging in there...almost there    I wish you the best!
princessfrogee
on 6/18/11 3:29 pm - AL

Thanks!  You too! 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Stacie P.
on 6/16/11 10:43 pm - PA
My surgery is on the 20th and I have been on a pre-op diet of protein shakes 3-5 per day, veggies, crystal light, 64oz. of water, SF Jello, and SF water ice since June 6th. Sunday I go to completely liquids for 24 hours.

Everything you are feeling is normal. As far as does everyone have to do the pre-op diet, I say yes to some extent, but everyone's diet is not the same. All doctors have their own method.
~Stacie  

Most Active