I am getting scared

dancandie
on 6/23/11 11:48 am - NC
Surgery in a week....and I am scared.  I don't know if I am making the right decision.  I don't want to die on the table.  I don't want to give up all the good food....but I am too big not to have it.  What should I do???

Andrea

PS.. i have lost 8 pounds and I am trying to get this stupid ticker to show it.  I have it changed in my settings but it will not transfer to the one that is attached to everything.  Help please?

Bonnie L.
on 6/24/11 12:46 am
 I am in the same boat as you are!  The same day and everything.  I too am scared of the unknowns and wish I had done something else to prevent having to go through this.  But to me it is time to take control and have the courage to face the challenge ahead.  I found out that I am not giving up food but I am gaining a healthy attitude towards food so that it does what it needs to and not any more.  We can be partners on this hard weeks journey.
Bonnie
HW-320/ SW-306/CW-265/GW-150

dancandie
on 6/24/11 2:03 am - NC
Thanks Bonnie... To be partners it this journey would be fantastic.  I wish I had a positive attitude like you do.  I try to self talk like that but it is really hard because I am such a food addict.  I always seem to think I am losing out on things..  Are you having a sleeve procedure?  Do you have to do a liquid diet before it?  I am struggling with my diet.  I understand that we have to do it to be healthy for the surgery but I don't lose weight easily that is how I got into this mess.  You know what I mean?  Keep in Touch I am going to send a friends request. 

Bonnie L.
on 6/24/11 3:46 am
 Yes I am receiving the sleeve.  I am on the liquids for a second week.  It is very difficult.  I have also been over weight all my life.  I also have changed for one addiction to the next.  
I notice this post on the vsg site it might help put it in perspective
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4417067/Early-results- of-my-self-imposed-eating-experiment/
HW-320/ SW-306/CW-265/GW-150

princessfrogee
on 6/24/11 1:41 pm - AL
Just calm down and try to RELAX!  You haven't gotten this far for nothing sweetie!  I just got home from mine yesterday.  All went well.  You are only giving up food for a short time.  You can eat again eventually, just not the proportions you did before and just have to be more cautious as to what you are eating.  I promise you, the past two days I have had my family cook and eat in front me and I never even wanted a bite!  Good luck and look forward to meeting you on the Loser's Bench!

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
purplepeace79
on 6/26/11 7:15 am - Bronx, NY
 You and I had our surgeries the same day and have about the same WL goals. Thats greatness :)
SW: 364  Surgery Date: 6.21.11 *VSG*  LifeOfANappyHeadedFatChic.tumblr.com

princessfrogee
on 6/26/11 7:24 am - AL
Yes it is!  How did your surgery go?  How are you doing first wk post-op?

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Most Active