I Made It!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 4:11 am - NY

hi everyone-
had my lap band surgery on tuesday, and spent the entire recovery ****il 12:30 that night) feeling like crap.  had an adverse reaction to the pain medication and everytime i lifted my head i becam dizzy and dry heaved uncontrollably -sorry guys :( 
i couldnt even get out of bed to walk and i had such good intentions! well, around midnight, i did get up and walked around the unit a little bit, then had a small bout of the nausea, but within a few hours i was raring to go! by 6 am everyone was suprised at how much i had improved and said i was doing great! (stopped the dilaudid and had been switched to toradol-i love that drug!).  i came home yesterday afternoon, been sipping water, walking around and am just sore achey  & tired now.  i couldnt sleep a wink for the past 2 nights; couldnt get comfortable.  today i had some protein drink and a half teaspoon of yogurt and that has been more than enough to fill me.   i did by the way, lose 13 lbs in the week of doing liquids..

well, to all my fellow June dates, hope all is doing well! i really enjoy the exchange of support and ideas and look foward to continuing together on this journey

have a great day!

CScott0925
on 6/30/11 9:55 am
Hurray Madeline,

I had surgery yesterday and did not make it here to check up on you. Hang in there!

princessfrogee
on 7/2/11 7:06 am - AL
Congratulations to you both!

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Most Active