Roll call!! How are all the Junies doing??

princessfrogee
on 8/24/11 12:35 pm - AL

Oh it seems like forever since I have been on OH!  I LIVED on this site pre-op and life keeps going on and I haven't had much time to get on here!  Have wondered how all the Junies have been doing!  I updated my blog, feel free to peruse.  Forgot to tape myself this week so will do that in the morning then edit my post from tonight.  This week is 9 wks post-op for me.  Have lost a little over 55 lbs.  Losing inches was going faster than the lbs for a while, but now the lbs are starting to catch up and the inch loss has slowed a bit.  Have had no pain, no sickness (except what was mentioned in the blog), eating well and tolerating a lot more than I could have hoped for.  This week I am wearing a 16/18 shirt.  Hadn't worn shirts that small in a long time.  "Growing" back in to old clothes (I should say shrinking in to them) I had not worn in a long time.  My kids keep thinking that I have bought new clothes and I laugh and tell them that it does feel like that in a way!  Have donated two bags of clothes to someone in need that I can no longer wear as they are WAY TOO BIG!  YESSSS!!  Tell me how you all are doing, what you are doing/eating, new tips/trick you have had to learn, etc.

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
mlyssa971
on 8/26/11 11:54 am
Hi Princess, Glad to hear you are doing so well. I am doing good., I am also losing weight and inches. I can see the old me starting to come out of the BLOB I was before. I also have donated clothes I can not wear anymore. I have fallen in love with dresses. Its SO hot here in Florida the less you can wear the better.  I do not have many issues just that I tend to throw up if I wait to long to eat and then eat too fast. Pain is gone now that my g-tube is gone. the 1st month was the worst. I can't eat lettuce, It makes me sick. most everything else I can but NO caffine at all. I get shaky and light headed. I have not had a soda in 6 months now. I dont really miss it but the only thing I can drink is lots and lots of water and some no sugar added juice. Ive been getting horrible head aches that won't stay away. I dont know if its related to my weight loss but my blood pressure used to be 190/210 and now its 120/60. I am off my meds completely! I am down a total of 62 lbs and have plateaued and I don't like it. I'm starting riding a bike tomorrow. Have a great day. I am glad you are doing so well!
princessfrogee
on 8/27/11 1:03 am - AL
mylissa - WOW! 62 lbs is great!  Believe me, you aren't missing much on the sodas.  I have tried a few times to drink a Diet Coke when we have gone out to eat and to me, it tastes like over-carbonated soda.  It is bitter tasting to me.  At first, I thought it was just that, that the restaurant didn't have their carbonated water/syrup calibrated right, but nope, it is just me.  That is a good thing, because I would probably be back to drinking 1-2 a day.

Sorry you can't have lettuce.  That has been my saving grace at meals.  I feel like I can eat more when I have a small salad with my meat.  I have a real hard time just eating meat by itself w/out some other texture and flavor every other bite or so.  I literally feel like I might gag.

Tell me how your biking went.  I haven't been on a bike in years!  I was thinking the other day that may be a goal for me to work towards.  Sadly though, there isn't anywhere safe near my home to ride, so would probably have to drive in somewhere to use it.

dancandie
on 8/26/11 1:29 pm - NC
Hey Princess,

Doing well.  I have lost 53 lbs since my surgery date on 6/30.  I have not had any complications and only got sick twice due to eating toooo fast.  I love losing the weight.  I have discarded some clothes and found some clothes that I can now get into.  I have lost about 5 inches off my waist.  I feel so much better.  I can bend over and put on my shoes and pick things off of the floor.  I am having some issues with constipation but other than that....I think I made the best decision of my life.  I feel happy and love that I can move more freely. 

princessfrogee
on 8/27/11 1:08 am - AL
dancandie - Glad to hear you are doing so well!  Yes, I have noticed that I can bend more easily as well.  Just the other day I was at my kids' gym waiting on the benches and realised all of a sudden I had my legs crossed....at the knees and not the ankles.  I have been so blessed not having any constipation issues.  But I am sure a lot of that is me forgetting to get all of my vitamins in every day so not getting as much iron in.  Luckily, I am tolerating veggies real well so that has helped too.  Pre-op I had some trouble, so I just took the Metamucil capsules 1-2 times per day and that did the trick each time.  Keep up the great work!

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 8/27/11 2:13 pm
All is well.  I have lost 68 lbs (including 30 pre-op).  I too am growing back into clothes I haven't worn in years.  I actually wore jeans last night to a football game.  I haven't worn them in 5 years at least. 

People have noticed.  Those that did not know about the surgery are just amazed at the difference. 

I have discovered that I am lactose intolerant.  I can eat cheese and yogurt but not milk.  I am using almond milk but I don't like that it does not have any protein.  I am going to try soy to see if I like the taste (or at least not hate the taste).

Other than that the only food I have trouble with is chicken unless it is canned made into chicken salad.

Winnie

princessfrogee
on 8/28/11 4:18 pm - AL
Winnie- glad to hear you are doing so good.  I still have trouble with both chicken and hamburger.  I don't get sick on them but sometimes it just doesn't feel right and feels stuck in the throat or chest.  Sorry to hear about the lactose intollerance.  I am not a big milk drinker, but use it on my Kashi cereal (found one that is high in protein) and once in a while to make a shake.  I didn't like the almond milk flavor when I tried it.  Hopefully you can do soy.

Holly Meyer
on 8/28/11 10:29 am - Paris, TN
I had VSG on 6/29 and am doing pretty good. I am down 36 lbs from surgery date and down 44 lbs from my highest weight. The first month was extremely tough on me.  I had a hard time keeping hydrated and getting my protein in.  I am beginning to feel normal again.  I too use to be a diet coke aholic.  I find myself wanting one now and tasted one a week ago and it was awful---it is weird how the surgery has so drastically affected our taste buds..

princessfrogee
on 8/28/11 4:21 pm - AL
Holrmeye - I was trying to explain the whole change in taste buds thing to my cousin.  She thinks it is in my head and I told her, "NO, they actually warn you about this before you have surgery"  ha ha   Glad you are feeling back to normal again!  Keep up the good work!

GOING2LOSEIT2011
on 8/28/11 12:03 pm, edited 8/28/11 12:03 pm

Wow your doing great . I was Sleeved June 28th and doing fine  .
Down 33lbs since surgery  Still have such a long way to go , but so Thankful I did it !!!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me.Phil 4:13
  Hw 386  Sw 322 Cw 226.6
DR.Christine Chu   Fremont , Ca                 
  VSG  6/28

Most Active