Has it really been a yr? And is that REALLY me???

princessfrogee
on 7/2/12 10:10 am - AL
                Pre-op May 21, 2011  334.40 lbs

Mother's Day 2012 almost one year from surgery date 

July 2, 2012 : Total loss so far is 107.4 lbs
Happy where I am, but would love to lose some more!

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
AmberLee72
on 7/3/12 2:26 am
Wow Princess! You look amazing! It's so crazy that it really has been a year! How are you doing with food a year out? I feel like I can eat drastically more than I could before. Scares me a little! Are you still losing? I hit my goal on June 7th and havent lost anything since. I would really love to lose more but I dont know if that will actually ever happen. Seems to have stopped all together now. BUT I am happy with where I'm at. So I really can't complain! Congrats beautiful! Here's to another year!

princessfrogee
on 7/3/12 11:43 pm - AL
AmberLee72: First of all, thank you!  I have not hit goal.  I have "stalled" at same weight for months now.  I have lost some in inches, I know, and because I am now working out I know I am also gaining muscle and muscle weight, but I also know I have to crack back down on what I am eating and how much.  It is so easy to fall back into old habits.  I don't do too bad, just know I can be doing much better.  Having said that, even if I don't lose any more, I can be happy where I am.  There are parts of me that are already very skinny and bony and I hope not to lose any more in those areas.  Just REALLY want to tone up the saggy baggies if you know what I mean!  LOL  I have a bad shoulder/elbow that has kept me from doing more aggressive workouts than I would like to.  I am finally getting in good enough shape that I hope to amp up my workouts for the rest of my body soon.  I know I may never get rid of all the saggy baggies, but I can at least get healthy trying!

Secondly, WOW!  Your before and after pics look more like mother/daughter pics!  You look great! 

For the most part I can eat what I want... to a point.  There are some foods I shouldn't eat that give me difficulty and that is par the course since I SHOULDN'T be eating them!  (breads, rice, pasta, potatoes etc)  I usually only eat those when I have to eat out and I am happy with eating a bite or two and giving it to someone else to finish.  MY KIDS LOVE ME!!  ha ha  

I was just discussing on the RNY board the other day how there are "big pouch" days and "little pouch" days.  Some days I seem to be able to eat more than I should and other days I barely eat a thing and I am full.  Sometimes it is a matter of the ol' taste buds.  One day something tastes good and the next it doesn't.  Others have said the same thing.  There are some days I can eat chicken or hamburger meat and other days I can eat it, but it doesn't set well or feel like it goes down so well.  In one hand I am "lucky" I have not had more issues or sugar or  lactose intollerance, etc, but on the other hand, it is easy to want to eat those foods.  My weight loss has not changed my hypoglycemia, so in that respect, that keeps me in check pretty good with my sugars.  Thankfully, I am not an ice cream fanatic, I can eat a small scoop or a few bites and be fine with that.

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Holly Meyer
on 7/16/12 7:03 pm - Paris, TN

Well guys I can't believe its been a year!! We have come so far! You guys look so awesome! Princess I know what you mean about hitting a stall--I have hit a big one. Ive only lost like 3 lbs in the last few months. It almost feels like my body is fighting the weight loss.  I had VSG on June 29th 2011 and have lost 120 lbs. I started at 360 and currently am 240 and have 60 more lbs to go. Good luck everyone! You look great : )

Most Active