June 28th is my date!!

amberkokette
on 7/1/12 1:49 pm
VSG on 06/28/12
 I am 4 days out and doing fairly well with pain. No narcotics today, just liquid tylenol. I am still a bit sore as I have a deep muscle bruise but I will survive. I am fighting head hunger as well and it can really be a bit**. I am trying my best to leave all of the food in the house alone but it is hard. I sit on the couch with my beverage of choice at that time and drink and drink and drink and pee...etc.. I know that it will get better butI just want it to hurry up and heal. I am excited to be a healthier, thinner mommy for not only my kids but for myself. I think it will all be worth it when the weight starts dropping.  Hope everyone else is doing great. Please let me know about things that are working well for you and things that are not. I really want someting salty.. 

Amber

Heighest weight: 433.5, Pre surgery weight 383.5 

bri-bri_p
on 7/7/12 10:44 pm - Roanoke, TX
VSG on 06/04/12
Hi Amber,

Hope you are doing well.  The first week is the hardest and it does get easier from there.  I was so tired of sweet so I know exactly what you mean when you say you want salty.  One of my faves while I was on liquids was strained black bean soup.  Here's the recipe I used:

1 can rinsed and strained black beans
1/2 cup mild salsa
2 oz 2% velveeta

Puree beans and salsa together in blender and strain to remove any chunks the blender may have missed.  Heat in sauce pan on med heat and add cheese stirring constantly until melted. 

I hope this helps.  Be sure to walk, walk, walk!

Good luck!
Bri 
 Bri

amberkokette
on 7/8/12 11:30 am
VSG on 06/28/12
 thanks bri, what stage did you do this in?? It sounds fricken delicious.. 

Amber

Heighest weight: 433.5, Pre surgery weight 383.5 

bri-bri_p
on 7/9/12 1:43 am - Roanoke, TX
VSG on 06/04/12
I started eating this around the middle of my second week after surgery.  It saved my life!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
June 5th Two year Surgiversary
tjleigh1965 · 0 replies · 521 views
6 months out!
PoohHag · 2 replies · 694 views
June 28th is my date!!
amberkokette · 3 replies · 681 views
25th sleevers
Jenfur · 0 replies · 545 views