Recent Posts

grannygrape
on 9/17/11 12:58 pm - Gervais, OR
Topic: RE: Weight Gain
Hi,Yep got that problem to,Had my surgery in 2000 also and have went as low as 105,now all of a sudden,bam!!I am up to 151,ouch!!that hurts,Well double time at the gym and lots of protein and fingers crossed,and with the help of a lot of prayers and obedience,hope this all works good luck to you...try the pouch test to ,i heard thats great.

lauriedmom
on 4/2/10 5:41 am - Pasadena, CA
hi,I know u posted along time ago.But I was hoping u would still get this.I also had surgery 2000 Dr.Popoola Hollywood Ca.I too am under weight and that has been a problem for the last two years.I was stay steady at 122 for 7 years then it started to fall off.I have to b careful to keep my weight on.Do u still have the same problem and
if not what did u do about it.Thanks for any help.Laurie
Mychelle F.
on 7/6/09 10:40 pm - Neptune, NJ
I had open RNY 9 years ago yesterday. Got pregnant 8 months after surgery have a beautiful 7 year old daughter. I have gained all but 25 lbs. Back. Does anyone know anything about the ROSE procedure? Or had a revision. If it wasn't for the diabetes I would stay fat.I can eat almost anything except rice and [email protected]
Mali
on 7/4/06 8:27 pm - Bellingham, WA
Topic: Revision from VBG to DS
After 6 years I am giving up on the VBG -- and having a revision to the DS from Dr Rabkin in San Francisco. THis is a huge relief and will be a huge leg up to a better quality of life. Write to me if you want to know more....
Michele C.
on 3/1/05 6:44 pm - Bradfrod, MA
Hi Anita, I wanted to give you an update on what I have done as far as looking into a surgeon that does revisions. I am seeing Dr. Christopher Thompson on 04/18/05. He usually preforms a upper GI and Endoscopy to see what the problem is, if there is any. He is at Brigham and Women in Boston, MA. I will keep you posted and if you have gotten anyplace, let me know ok? Thanks and Good Luck. Michele
Gala P.
on 9/13/04 1:40 pm - Portage, IN
I had my surgery 4 years ago!!! I feel great. I was down to 118 (way to slim - didnt even realize it until I saw some pics of myself), I wore a size 4. Now I am 135 and a size 8/10. I look healthy. They had warned me before my surgery that eventually weight would come back on if you did not change your lifestyle. Be careful!!! A ledger is a good idea - it will help you realize just how much you are eating.
Michele C.
on 9/12/04 3:42 am - Bradford, MA
Hello Anita, NO, I haven't found the help yet. Right now my husband and I are doing Jenny Craig strictly, but I feel I am fighting a losing battle with this insulin that I have to have. I need to know if anyone has had surgery twice!!! Thanks guys! Michele
anitawilson
on 2/2/04 10:36 pm - Mobile, AL
Michele I have gain back close to 80 pounds if not more. Did you ever find somethig to help you? I am going back to my nutritionist and beg for help.
mimi0429
on 1/27/04 7:03 am - Schaumburg, IL
Hello Michele I have not gained any weight, but i am unable to lose anymore weight. i've been stuck at 137 lbs for the last year and would like to lose about 15 more pounds. Mia Houston Surgery date May 2000
Sandra S.
on 9/30/03 3:11 am - San Jose, CA
Hi Michele, My name is Sandra, and no it is not just you. I too have gained a little bit of weight since my surgery. I had my surgery in July of 2000 and I have gained back about 15 pounds. But it seems like a big 15 pounds. I am going to get back into the gym because I was so close to my goal weight of 150. The lowest I ever got down to was 175 and now I am at 190. I get so mad at myself because I forget and snack way too much. I have a desk job and I am not very active. I know that if I exercise the weight will just fall off. It is just a matter of getting back to the gym. My email is [email protected]. Please email me back if you would like to talk, maybe we can come up with a great idea that we could both benefit from. Sandra
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision from VBG to DS
Mali · 0 replies · 398 views
Weight Gain
Michele C. · 11 replies · 798 views