AFTER 6 YEARS AND IT IS ALL COMING BACK......DAMN!!

Donna Gray
on 8/23/07 9:25 am - Toledo, OH
I cannot get over that I have begun to put the weight back on. I do not eat CHOCOLATE (still have GAS and DUMPING), although my PORTIONS are OUT OF CONTROL. My LOWEST that i have been down to was 165# (my I plateaued at 180#) and now I am AFRAID to get on the scale....the last I looked I was at 248... I wish I knew what to do...I have thought about having the LAP-Band done....did not know if I would qualify.
Rhorae
on 1/24/09 5:36 am
Hello

I too am from Toledo and find that after having surgery July 2001.   I lost 135 pounds with the surgery and felt great.    I wasn't skinny but it was good for me.    I find that I am putting weight back on.  It is a huge mental game.   I also find that I feel hungry a lot.   Not sure why?  I am disappointed and do NOT want to put all the weight back on.  I don't want to be a statistic.  I heard or read somewhere that after 10 years many people have put their weight back on.  I don't want that to be me.    What is your story?    Are you talking to any groups or doing anything?

I recently joined a fit swim exercise program and joined with 1st place 4 health to try to get  my mind wrapped around this obesity disease.    I am working on it but it is a difficult process.

What about you?

Thanks
Rhodena Wentland
LLinderman
on 7/27/09 2:49 am - TUCSON, AZ

Donna,
You are not alone in this!
I had the RNY proximal done in July 2001; on the date of surgery I weighed 265 lbs.   I never made it to my personal goal of 145 lbs, although I did get down to 159 lbs (briefly).  My weight hovered in 160's for several years and I felt and looked great.  I was only working part-time then and exercised faithfully every day.

After 2005 my work increased to full time and I had less time to exercise.  I no longer "dumped" and old habits crept back in.  Problems in my marriage added to the situation.  In 2006 my dad died after a traumatic period of suffering.  We were very close and the grief overwhelmed me.

For the past 3 years I have battled severe depression and once again have stopped exercising and my eating is out of control.  As of today I weigh 199 lbs and am so disappointed in myself.

If you have found answers, please share them.  I stopped posting because I received nasty emails about being "negative".

Linda Linderman

Gina S.
on 7/6/10 10:12 pm - CINNAMINSON, NJ

I had surgery 2 1/2 years ago and had gained back 20 pounds. I notice I don't dump nearly as easily as I used to, and can eat larger portions.

I have also noticed my main problem and trigger is carbohydrates/sugar. When I eat carbs - anything that has flour (including 100% whole wheat), potatoes, rice, or sugar I start craving carbs and just can't stop. I wake up and immediately want carbs. I think of them, crave them all day and am never full.

Then somehow I managed to go cold-turkey and cut carbs and sugar out. I went through a period of "withdrawal" like a drug addict - I craved carbs really badly.
Once I got past that, I stopped craving them, ate healthy foods like veggies, natural raw fruits, lean meats, cheeses, and the weight started to drop back off. I eat "breadless" sandwiches. I put the turkey, chese, lettuce, tomato on a plate and eat it with a fork. Instead of peanut butter on bred, I dip apple slices in a little peanut butter. I  stopped craving the carbs/sugar, although I'd get a craving a little here and there like a drug addict. I felt lighter and healthier and more energetic. I have lost 8 pounds of the 20 and plan on losing the rest.

I am 100% sure it was the flour and sugar and starches I was eating. I am an ADDICT to those things and they make me feel always hungry and irritable and tired and sluggish. I suspect a lo of us out there are addicted to sugar and flour and starches. I recommend avoiding them COMPLETELY - once you get past the withdrawel, you'll find you feel alot better, your appetite is more under control, and the weight will start coming back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics