Wow! I have been a LOSER for 7 whole years!

Jennifer Lynn J.
on 7/20/08 2:29 pm
OK, I see from some of the posts that I am not in this battle alone! I have gained weight, lost weight, then gained it back. I am currently at 206 and I think it's because I have stopped exercising. Stress can add a lot of pounds! Now that my hubby is on the mend and no longer battling cancer, I think I can refocus on my own weight loss. When he was sick, I fattened him up and when he had his surgery, he lost all of it! He and I joke because he lost some of his intestines when to be used for his "new" bladder. So now we both eat smaller, AND we both are around the same weight, so it's like we have each other to battle the weight gain. Support is very important in our struggle with weight loss/gain. I am glad to have a good support system and I hope all of you that are dealing with the yo-yo effect have a support system in place. Feel free to email me if you have comments, questions, or concerns. Cheers! Jenn.
Rhorae
on 1/24/09 5:31 am

HI

My name is Rhodena Wentland  and I am from Toledo, Ohio.  My Surgery was in July 2001.  I lost 135 pounds with the surgery  after weighing in at 325.   So I was down to 191 pounds.  I looked good and felt great.  I have not had any problems from my surgery except for a little dumping now and again  otherwise the surgery and recovery went very well for me.  I have not had any tragic events in my life  but find that I have regained 50% of my weight.  I am struggling to get it back off.  I know i have beern lazy about it but i just couldn't wrap my head around it.  I tried but  I am hopeful that recently I have come to a new conclusion and will be successful before i regain the remaining weight that I lost.

Wondering about you too.  Although i can see that you had some distractions in your weight loss journey.   I am working on it but boy it sure is a tough disease to conquer.   Who would have thought after all that determination and the risks involved in having the by pass surgery that after 7 years I would be in the battle again?

Have you spoken with anyone else with this problem? I decided to come back on line to see what others in my situation might be doing.  Looking for some support and ides.

Thanks Rhodena

Most Active
Recent Topics