2 year weigh in: 151 pounds

Tina D.
on 7/23/03 8:18 am - The Colony, TX
July 26th is my 2 years post-op anniversary. I weighed in at 298 pounds the day of my surgery. On Friday, July 17th, I weighed in at 151 pounds. AND I'm still losing (much more slowly of course). 2 years ago, I wanted weight 150 lbs. and today I do. I have lost 88% of my excess weight and have a new goal of 140 lbs. ( My goal will NOT be revised when I get to 135 lbs.) It has been a long journey, one filled with twists, turns, tears, laughter and awe. The last time I weighted 150 lbs, I was in grade school (1975). I had no idea what I would look like. My face is NOT round, as I had beleved for 20 years. I have dents and dimples on my shoulders and at the base of my neck. (wHICH i ACTUALLY DIDT HAVE, just a head on top of mu shoulders) My frame is NOT large, in fact, my bone structure appears to be quite small. The bubble of fat above my rear is gone, so my butt looks good. I never knew women's armpits were supposed be sunken in. I thought every woman's armpits were even with their arms when the arms were raised to shave the pit. Through the complications that originally occured: an incisional hernia from the first surgery, blood clot fron the hernia repair, a hernia recurrence after the repair and iron-deficient anemea. I have to state the journey has been worth it and I would go through it all again if needs. I no longer suffer from Sleep Apnea, I can ride a ten speed bike, skate, rough house witht my dogs and not feel as though I'm dying. My cholestral levels are in a good range. About my body, I do have some excess skin; however, the farther away from my surgery I get, the more retraction I see. Somethimes I will notice a change in size and do a weight in to find out I've lost 5 lbs after a few months and then realize that the skin around my waist has adjusted again. I would have to say my worst skin areas are my breat site, bat wings and inner thighs.
Most Active
Recent Topics