Life since 7/23/2001

Dayana E. S.
on 6/7/04 9:05 am - Hollywood, FL
RNY on 07/23/01 with
That's the day my life changed forever and for the best. I have learned not only alot about myself but alot about "friends", and Family. Amazing how many of my "thin" women friends deserted me once i was an equal in size to them, and how many actually felt insicure about me "hanging" out with their husbands. It was all good when I was the FAT friend but it's amazing how many looked at me as a threat. I've learned alot about men too, especially my own husband. I've become arm candy, I've finally earned respect and started getting love. It's for that reason that I can no longer live a lie and am filing for divorce. He never loved me for me......I was an embasrassment that he wanted no one to see til now. No one wants to deal with the psychological evaluation before the surgery cause their hell bent on having the surgery, but this is where you find it's important cause we all see this surgery as a great way to look good physically, but it's also a major mental change and adjustment as well. Congradulations to all who have had the surgery and maintained their weight loss. I have stabalized at 125-130 lbs...I seem to gain 5 lbs the wk before my period.....I have no regrets, but mental counseling should be a factor post-op.
Most Active
Recent Topics