3+ years post op - slow gaining

Becky M.
on 3/26/07 2:32 am - Sioux City, IA
Been 2 years since I've wrote/posted. I had surgery 7/02 at 262 - dropped to the lowest at 138. Seems like I gain at 5 lb increments. My weight currently is at 158. So there has been a gain. I need to do something because I am beginning the depressed feelings since gaining. I plan to follow WW online for a few weeks/months and see if I can get back down to @ 150. I think if I just follow the basics again, and watch what I eat, and do a bit of exercise - I can do it. (I hope). The past year, I know that I have not been doing what I need to- and I need to be back on track. I will check in again sooner! Anyone have this problem?
laineer
on 6/15/07 9:46 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Becky, Yes, I am 5 years post op Open RNY non transected and I am gaining 5-10 pounds a month. Had lost all of my weight..my surgery date is 7_02 also. I weighed 256 and lowest was 134 and now I am back to 170-180. I am so upset. I have been to 4 docs and all seem to say the same thing. Read my latest post on Texas forum to give you an idea of what I've been going through. What are your symptoms? Hope to hear back from you. I am scared and depressed and angry. My weight stayed off for 4 years until one night of pain in June of 06. I could only eat a few bites back then and gradually 5 pounds a month it is coming back. Now I am hungry all the time and can eat a football. Im so tired of tests and rejections,. Let me know about you. Let's compare notes. Lainee Laineer
deb44m
on 7/7/07 12:17 am - BUFFALO, NY
Hi laineer, today I am 5yrs post op.I have gained 25lbs back due to having a broken foot for 5 months.The dr I was seeing didnt know what he was doing.I went to another dr and I just had foot surgery done so now im waiting for the ok to start exercising again.I can walk but not far because my foot still hurts.Pain....Yes I sure do know what pain is.Since gastric bypass, I was in a car accident 11 days after having my plastics done.I now have a artificial disc in my neck.And on pain pills for the rest of my life.As far as eating, sometimes I can eat almost half a sub and then other times just a couple bites of something then im done.I know weird.Lol.I still bring up phlem either during my eating or right after.Not all the time but most of the time. I cant eat any white meats at all, and when I eat pasta I have to eat very very very slowly and then thatll come up to.Sometimes I wonder if it was really worth it.Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
CHECKING IN -BEEN ALONG TIME
deb44m · 0 replies · 633 views
3+ years post op - slow gaining
Becky M. · 2 replies · 636 views
HYPOGLYCEMIA
deb44m · 3 replies · 1071 views
Hi Everybody, I'm now 3 y...
Patricia R. · 0 replies · 509 views