1 yr later

Tracie W.
on 9/15/03 12:32 am - Houston, Tx
It's been a little more than a year now since I've had a revision to the gastric bypass surgery. I don't feel as if I am loosing weight anymore. I am beginning to wonder if something is wrong with the surgery. I also have a problem getting enough protein without all the carbs. My mom just had a gastric bypass last month, and they told her so many different things from what I was told, so who is correct? I am confused and depressed, anyone out there who is willing to talk to me, to give me some help and support? Please email me @ ****[email protected] Thanks in advance... Tracie
Dina McBride
on 9/15/03 6:40 am - Portland, OR
Tracie, Did you have a revision from RNY to RNY - i.e., a stoma tightening or something? Or were you converted to a different form of WLS? Studies are starting to show that RNY failure rates are pretty high. It's nothing you've done - it has everything to do with the failings of the surgery. Some people do GREAT with the RNY. A whole bunch of people don't. There are some great yahoo groups that support people who have had or are seeking out revisions. Let me know if I can help lead you to them at all, if you're interested, okay? You're in my thoughts! dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
CHECKING IN -BEEN ALONG TIME
deb44m · 0 replies · 634 views
3+ years post op - slow gaining
Becky M. · 2 replies · 636 views
HYPOGLYCEMIA
deb44m · 3 replies · 1072 views
Hi Everybody, I'm now 3 y...
Patricia R. · 0 replies · 510 views