Not Without a Fight

MrsJuly
on 7/23/10 6:46 am
It's been a long time since I've been here...

Starting Weight: 352
Lowest Weight: 215 (Feb 2007)
Current Weight: 267

You can do the math.

When the weight first started coming back, I was doing fertility treatments and figured those pounds would disappear once I stopped those funky drugs. Never lost the weight, never had the baby. Job stress, a foster child, moving, losing job...emotional eating at its finest. A few pounds here, a few pounds there...some clothes no longer fit, but other still did. No biggie.

Weigh****chers, a therapist, a registered dietician, the diabetic exchange, diet pills, calorie counting, a gym membership...surely those things would help me take control of my life. Sadly, my heart wasn't in it, and my motivation dwindled.

Then summer arrived, and I found myself avoiding my snug bathing suit, avoiding rollercoasters that I should be riding with my daughter, avoiding doing things that looked like they took physical effort.

I am at THIS POINT! You know, the one where you've completely had it, fed up with where you are. I REFUSE to let fat destroy my life.

So here I am again, the fire in me once again. I am going to use all of my resources to approach weight loss with an arsenal of weapons. While I attack the enemy with a frontal assault, I am also planning a sneak attack...I have an appointment set up to evaluate the possibility of having a revision.

I am not going down without a fight...

Pamela

Bonnie C.
on 7/27/10 2:13 am - Lackawann, NY
My heart goes out to all of you facing weight gain. I'm 6 years post op this month and maintaining my weight loss by watching everything that goes in my mouth. Finally I've learned that I can't eat everything I may want. I did indulge over the holidays 2008 and gained 30 lbs. in no time. Quit eating at night AGAIN, cut out sweets entirely and made changes I knew had to be done. It took over a year & a half  but this morning I weigh 138 lbs. ONLY I HAVE CONTROL OF ME.  I may be compulsive now but I get on the scale every single morning to keep myself in check of my eating habits. It works for me.

Please try to get tough with yourself TODAY. Work on today, don't look to tomorrow or yesterday, do what's right today. You faced surgery for a reason and that surgery was a stepping stone to get you on track and a big risk that you survived. You owe it to yourself to not let that slip away.

Bonnie
jewelcrown
on 9/9/10 1:53 pm
Hi Pamela!

Don't give up the fight!  I'm with ya! :)

Jewel

NadineM
on 9/24/10 3:26 am - Vancouver, WA
Hope all is better Pamela...hang in there. I have the 40lbs weight gain issue too..and feel like I didn't even have the surgery...I can eat whatever, drink whatever. I know I am not exercising and eating properly which is what got me here in the first place. Remember to go back to basics...this was only a tool to get you there quicker...You have to maintain the tune-up! Hugs!! Nadine
JudithC
on 7/23/13 9:41 pm - Southern, NH

I woke up Sunday morning, my surgery anniversary, with a black cloud over my head. I have been beating myself up for months. I got the OH Happy Birthday email and almost cried. Have been mulling all of this over but coming back and reading these posts really makes me feel better; not only because I'm not the only one who still struggles but because I lost track of the "journey" part.

Long story short:

Starting weight: 282/Pre-op: 271/Lowest: 162/Current: 194

A few years ago, I ruptured two discs and finally agreed to have surgery last year (why did I wait so long for that one too?). Anyway, my back is good, minimal pain but I picked up some bad habits along the way. Eating poorly, no exercise, and the worst, the one that I have problems admitting to everyone, is that I have been drinking too much. At first, it was because the pain was terrible and the drugs worse. Then it became a stress tool. Now it's just a bad habit full of calories.

I know I just need to get to work again but I am reading and realizing I can't do it alone. When I first had surgery, I came on OH every day (and sometimes in the night when I couldn't sleep). Am thinking the time has come to "come back" and start picking up and giving some moral support.

Pamela, I so hope that the revision works for you. THAT POINT, where I am done with the fat again, is where I am too. I just need to get up and do something about it. Good luck and let us know what happens.

sholy
on 9/26/10 6:31 am - KY
Maybe July, 2004 wasn't the right year to have wls! kidding....I am having the same struggles and little success in losing it....It seems harder to lose than ever!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1065 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 967 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1055 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1107 views