HCG really works... down 9.2 lbs in 4 days

jewelcrown
on 1/15/12 6:41 pm
Feels like the honeymoon phase of RNY is back.  Check out a few items from my journal:

Thursday, January 12, 2012 : 271.8 Day 1 of HCG. Loading phase. First shot at 8:10 pm. Mixing was interesting, concerned whether or not I put enough water in it. The shot was painless. Today I will eat lots of fats and shop for organic meats, veges and melba toast. Friday, January 13, 2012: 270.2 (-1.6) Day 2, still loading. In spite of eating pizza, sausage, bacon and nuts, I’m down 1.6. Bought cabbage, onions, apples and a grapefruit yesterday. Need to buy organic meats today. This is going to be an expensive endeavor. Just hope it’s worth it. Got a cortisone shot in the knee yesterday. Was worried that it might affect the HCG. So far so good. I’m sure the HCG is not a placebo. After taking the shot yesterday, I could literally taste the medicine in my mouth. Saturday, January 14, 2012: 269.4 (-0.8) – Total: -2.4 Day 3, official diet starts. Woke up early and felt hungry. Did a little water loading. Here we go…. Sunday, January 15, 2012: 265.8 (-3.6) – Total: -6 Day 4, I am amazed. I have lost 6 lbs in three days. Getting all the water in yesterday was hard. My stomach didn’t seem to like the grapefruit all that much. May switch to oranges, not a big fan of strawberries the only other choice.  Monday, January 16, 2012: 262.6 (-3.2) – Total: -9.2 Day 5, yesterday was hard, but I stuck to it. I have lost 9.2 lbs in four days. Drank a lot of green tea to fight off head hunger. I can feel the difference in clothes. 

Jewel

IrishIze
on 1/16/12 9:27 am - NJ
Hi Denise, Wow, I'm intriuged by this diet.   You actually inject yourself?  Not sure I could do that.  Does it curb your appetite?  I'm going to definitely have to google this diet!

They postponed my revision surgery from Wed to next Saturday. I'm starting to get a little nervous, which I know is normal, but can't wait unitl it's over and done with and I can start losing again.
Irish......  

jewelcrown
on 1/16/12 10:14 am
You won't need the HCG diet, you'll have your revision!  It will be fine.  Perhaps we can spur each other to stay on track after your surgery.

Yes, the shots curve your apetite AND it breaks down the fat we have a hard time losing (stomach, butt, thighs).  I thought I would have a hard time with the shots too, but they are so small and thin, you don't even feel it.

So glad to see you on the board, I miss the heavy traffic we used to have! :)

Jewel

IrishIze
on 1/17/12 8:34 am - NJ
I miss the group too.  We were lucky to have such a great bunch of people for support.  I am 100% excited to have some support and to be some support for you.  I'll definitely be checking in!

I spoke with my surgeon today and he said my first week is fluids, shakes, broths, etc.  Already that's better than my last surgery where I was on clear fluids for three weeks!   The week after is pureed foods and by week four normal food.  That I can do without too much worry!   Of course I'm getting anxious, but also looking to be on the other side again. 

Keep up the good work Denise!
Irish......  

jewelcrown
on 1/17/12 9:50 am
That's fantastic news.  Please please journal your rebirth surgery.  I'll want to hear all about your progress.  I just know you are going to be fierce!

Hugs!
Denise

Jewel

IrishIze
on 1/18/12 11:18 am - NJ
WE are going to be fierce!! 
Irish......  

Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1067 views
Feeling great after 10 years