Happy 9 year July Babies!!!!!

sradcli74
on 6/30/13 10:13 am
Tell us how you're doing, we would love to hear the good and bad!!!
JustHat
on 6/30/13 2:16 pm - NM

I did great.  Then I slide back up the scale for a couple of years.  My high point before surgery was 256.  My low point after surgery was 134.  Hubby was happy when I gained back some of the weight.  Everyone thought I was too skinny.  So, when a couple of pounds brought another couple of pounds and they brought a couple of more of their friends, I didn't notice too much.  Then I realized in was in the 180s.  And, I had a class reunion coming up this summer.  So, I started to watch my food intake better and laid off the sweats.  I am back down to the low 150s now.  My goal is 149.5.

I can't believe it has almost been 9 years!

sradcli74
on 6/30/13 7:04 pm

Good morning thanks for responding.  Besides no sweets what else are you doing?  My last pregnancy pushed me over 200 I have been trying my hardest to fight the carb monster and going back to basics protein. But when I fall, I fall really hard and it takes weeks to get back on track again.  I also realized that, exercise is a must, so I have started walking

JustHat
on 7/2/13 4:19 am - NM

I throw up a lot.  If I over eat, eat chicken (except for the legs), most of the time pork, I puke.  If I over eat, I puke the extra out.  Basically, I can puke on demand.  :-)  There are days when I can't keep anything down if I have abused my pouch.  Something will get clogged and that is it for the day.  Well, basically.  I can usually get a little candy down.  I know, avoid the carbs.  But, when you have to have something and it is the only thing your body will accept, you do what you have to do. 

Snacks-  I don't eat real meals during the day.  But, I snack.  The secret to my snacking is to buy something I like but don't love.  So, I am not tempted to over eat.  So, when I was losing, I wouldn't keep snacks (cookies, candy and such) in the house.  Slowly I have developed the control to have just one bite of this or that without having to eat the whole candy bar.  Right now my snack is Flatbead Crisps (I know a carb but I only eat a couple) and pork rinds.  They are high in fat but also high in protein. 

At meals, I eat my protein first.  Then, if there is a tasty side dish, I will have some of that.  But, I am always aware of the amount of food I am eating.  I try and take only half as much as everyone else (hubby and 3 teenage boys) and then try and leave some on my plate.  As soon as I start to feel full or feel I have had enough, I will remove my plate so I am not tempted to keep eating.  I also eat slower that I used to.  I have to really or I throw up.  And, hubby is always reminding me to chew, chew, chew.

Another thing I do is not put anything in my mouth unless it is delicious (except for protein foods which are needed).  I figure that if it tastes just ok, then it isn't worth the weight it will put on.  So, when I taste something, I rate it. 

You know you can do it.  Every time you eat, ask yourself if it is worth it.  And, do you need so much of it.  Set some simple goals like always leaving a little on your plate.  And, remember don't give up.  It won't happen as fast as after surgery, but it will happen. 

Keep me posted. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1065 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 967 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1055 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1108 views