Botched panniculectomy paid by insurance co.

Stacy H.
on 8/28/15 8:40 pm - Lake wales, FL

I'm almost one week post op. From a Medicare paid panniculectomy done at USF at Tampa General. I had a mini gastric bypass at Heart of Florida hospital in Davenport in 2007. I've went from 330 lbs to 155 lbs and thought I was making a great decision picking this Dr. and his team to do my surgery since he specialized in post bariatric plastic surgery.  I had 2 consultations and was very excited about having a nice stomach that was flat and tight.  5 minutes literally before my surgery I'm approached by a female Dr who apparently is now doing my surgery and tells me that my skin cannot be made tight, that I shouldn't have any great expectations for a good turnout and that she can't even move my belly button over to the center of my stomach.  I had two major hernia repairs that resulted in my naval being moved to the far right side of my stomach.  So post op I look down I still have a sagging stomach, loose skin and my belly button is a few inches above my female parts. I'm very disappointed and wondered if anyone else had a botched panniculectomy and had to have it redone? If so did your insurance pay twice? 

Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1062 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 963 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1047 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1101 views