Recent Posts

sradcli74
on 9/17/22 9:15 pm
Topic: RE: STILL Fighting

Mrs July i hope that you are well, I am still fighting the good fight and thought I would come back to where it started for some motivation.

Lady Teah

sradcli74
on 9/17/22 9:12 pm

in case you are still out there, I am here, can't believe its been almost 20 years since the surgery. Covid did me dirty and I gained 30 pounds during the lockdown..seeking motivation to get back to my happy place..

Don't give up

SR

Stacy H.
on 8/28/15 8:40 pm - Lake wales, FL
Topic: Botched panniculectomy paid by insurance co.

I'm almost one week post op. From a Medicare paid panniculectomy done at USF at Tampa General. I had a mini gastric bypass at Heart of Florida hospital in Davenport in 2007. I've went from 330 lbs to 155 lbs and thought I was making a great decision picking this Dr. and his team to do my surgery since he specialized in post bariatric plastic surgery.  I had 2 consultations and was very excited about having a nice stomach that was flat and tight.  5 minutes literally before my surgery I'm approached by a female Dr who apparently is now doing my surgery and tells me that my skin cannot be made tight, that I shouldn't have any great expectations for a good turnout and that she can't even move my belly button over to the center of my stomach.  I had two major hernia repairs that resulted in my naval being moved to the far right side of my stomach.  So post op I look down I still have a sagging stomach, loose skin and my belly button is a few inches above my female parts. I'm very disappointed and wondered if anyone else had a botched panniculectomy and had to have it redone? If so did your insurance pay twice? 

jewelcrown
on 8/22/15 4:42 pm

It's sad that's there's no one out here anymore.  I'm STILL fighting too!

Don't give up! :)

Jewel

Siouxsie Rodriguez
on 4/9/15 5:10 am - Temescal Valley, CA
Topic: RE: HELLO, Hello, hello

Last 3 years have been HARD! Went form 150 to 190. Now at 185. Working hard to get my body back. I have had some health issues that contributed to the gain. Hopefull it is all behind me.

My husband ..that I met in support group just had a revision. He only lost 50 lbs the first time around and when he met with his new Dr this previous surgery was botched. He has now lost 50 pounds in 2 months feeling and looking good. He is my inspiration to get healthy again

Siouxsie
304/189/170
WLS 2004/Current/Goal!
Working on getting those pounds BACK Off !

MrsJuly
on 1/10/15 1:15 pm
Topic: STILL Fighting

I know no one comes here any more, but just in case...

July 2014 - the scale at the doctor's office read 301. Just 53 lbs to go before being back where I started.

November 2014 - Began researching the Apollo Overstitch, and endoscopic revision procedure. 

December 2014 - Investigational endoscopy found one staple that had migrated into my stomach lining (easy fix) and that my stoma is 5cm, more than 5 times what it's supposed to be.

January 12, 2015 - Surgery date for a second chance. I'm having the Overstitch done to reduce my stoma size (pouch is still small). Surgeon says this is why I can eat more at a time than normal (hello footlong sub!) AND why I get hungry soon after eating, particularly low-carb foods. That bread and pasta that we shouldn't eat are gummy, which plugs the stoma better, keeping me fuller longer. Protein foods gush out, surgeon's words. Down to 283 as of one day pre-op.

So I am still struggling, STILL fighting. But I am alive, and life is good!

missang
on 10/27/14 10:37 am - Garfield, NJ
Topic: RE: Feeling great after 10 years

Lost 220 lbs and am so happy. Thank you Dr Ewing 

missang
on 7/22/14 8:33 pm - Garfield, NJ
Topic: Feeling great after 10 years

Found the right doctor and now I am very happy just waiting to get the money to remove all my excess skin

JudithC
on 7/23/13 9:41 pm - Southern, NH
Topic: RE: Not Without a Fight

I woke up Sunday morning, my surgery anniversary, with a black cloud over my head. I have been beating myself up for months. I got the OH Happy Birthday email and almost cried. Have been mulling all of this over but coming back and reading these posts really makes me feel better; not only because I'm not the only one who still struggles but because I lost track of the "journey" part.

Long story short:

Starting weight: 282/Pre-op: 271/Lowest: 162/Current: 194

A few years ago, I ruptured two discs and finally agreed to have surgery last year (why did I wait so long for that one too?). Anyway, my back is good, minimal pain but I picked up some bad habits along the way. Eating poorly, no exercise, and the worst, the one that I have problems admitting to everyone, is that I have been drinking too much. At first, it was because the pain was terrible and the drugs worse. Then it became a stress tool. Now it's just a bad habit full of calories.

I know I just need to get to work again but I am reading and realizing I can't do it alone. When I first had surgery, I came on OH every day (and sometimes in the night when I couldn't sleep). Am thinking the time has come to "come back" and start picking up and giving some moral support.

Pamela, I so hope that the revision works for you. THAT POINT, where I am done with the fat again, is where I am too. I just need to get up and do something about it. Good luck and let us know what happens.

JustHat
on 7/21/13 1:25 pm - NM
Topic: RE: HELLO, Hello, hello

I did great at first, then over the years I bumped back up to 180.  So, over the last year I have lost back down to within 5 pounds of my goal weight (150).  I too have had to fight the sugar demon.  Somedays it is the only thing  I can keep down.  Go figure.  And because I can't keep food down, there are days that I don't eat.  But, most days are good as long as I remember to chew chew chew and don't over eat.  My biggest problem is iron.  The less I weigh, the lower it goes.  And, I hate those pills.  All of my other blood work is good.  Thanks for replying.  It is great to hear from someone "my age".

Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1067 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 970 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1056 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1109 views