i am sooo frusterated!!!!!!

azbigmamma
on 3/25/08 2:56 pm - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Ok I had surgery on JUly 26 of 06. I have dropped 172 lbs so far. I am at 148 and I am 5'5". I have gone from a size 32 to a size 6. I know I have done great. My problem is i want to get to 135. I have tried everything. I have went to basics. I always eat protein, I exercise, I get my fluids in. I dont eat fast food, i dont drink soda, i dont eat desserts. I eat healthy snacks filled with protein. No matter what I do I cant drop the last amount of weight. I work my a** off and i am getting no where. Is this happening to any one else? I have upped my calories, I have lowered them. I am not losing inches anymore either. Is it possible that my body is just not going to give up any more weight? And the thing that torques me the most is that everyone says I dont think you need to lose more weight. Well it is not up to them and I am determined to get to my goal. The dr that did my surgery did not give me a goal. So i really dont know where to go from here. Please someone give me advice. I am not whining I am just trying to get a solution or possible solution to my problem and see if there is anyone else with this problem. I know I have done good so nobody needs to remind me of that. I just still feel like i am still fat and need to get that extra weight off. When I look in the mirrior I see a obese person looking back and i am so depressed. I do not know what to do...please help. Thank you in advance if I dont get to repond to you.
Marie R.
on 3/28/08 4:57 am - Nashville, TN
You have written this post like you are reading my mind. I am in the same boat as you. I am on my second boot camp and I am eating correctly, taking supplements, etc. My doc is so happy with my BMI and weight and labs, etc. He thinks that I have surpassed all of his expectations even though he does not give goals either. Everyone thinks I am small enough, but I am NOT satisfied. I want to lose 12 - 15 more pounds. I am 5' 9' and I weigh about 168-169. I would like to weigh about 155. I wear a size 8 and some size 6's but I am not happy with my weight anymore. The boot camps are grueling and I do not lose anything. I imagine that if I have a little plastics I could get off about 6-8 pounds. Do you have any excess skin? This has stressed me out so much that when I look in the mirror all I see is a fat cow. I told my doc and a friend this and they feel I need to see a counselor that specializes in eating and weight disorders. They said that I have convinced myself that I am a failure and it is effected my mind to the point that I am seeing an unrealistic view of myself. I am also depressed and disappointed and disgusted. I was happy and now I am not. I just knew the first boot camp would get off the 10 pounds and then I would be where I want to be, not where others think I should be. Your body does get to a point that it thinks it should be and the only way to lose is to do something unhealthy. Maybe you need to see someone and talk about your feelings. We know that just because we lose weight it doesn't cure the psychological issues that made us fat in the first place. People trade one addiction for another and sometimes pick up new issues. I feel your pain. I think I am going to get someone to help me deal with this. If I don't I think that I will never enjoy where I am and what I have accomplished. I want that joy and pride back. Contact me anytime you want. Good luck. Marie
mecrawford
on 4/3/08 6:02 am - Baytown, TX
What is a boot camp? If you're a size six I would think you look wonderful; however, I still feel fat too!
Bobbyerock
on 3/31/08 11:00 am - Baton Rouge, LA
Stop looking in the mirror. That's a game your mind is playing with you. Think back to pre-wls. I know for me it was miserable. Always tired, in pain. unable to do the things I wanted to do. You are healthier and that is a blessing. Count your blessings and stay away for the mirror. IT like the scale is not your friend. I understand your pain. Working my way through it with prayer. Huggzz, Bejai!
Mojodiva
on 4/8/08 4:04 am - FPO, Japan
Have you considered weight training? I've had a few friends that switched from cardio based exercise to heavy weightlifting with some cardio and the results were stunning. So stunning in fact that hubby and I will be doing it this year when he gets back from Gitmo and we reach Japan. You've done fantastic.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 903 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1003 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 949 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1037 views