Scared of gaining

mecrawford
on 4/3/08 6:00 am - Baytown, TX
I had my surgery July 2006 and have lost 105 pounds. I really would like to lose about 10 more just to have a "safety net", but really don't need to lose anymore. My husband is an invalid so I am unable to go to meetings. I've never posted on a chat room before so Here Goes! I'm afraid that my stomach will stretch. Can this happen? I feel that sometimes I eat way too much at a meal. I do this when others are around and I'm not concentrating on my eating. As long as I eat fairly slowly I can eat a regular dinner plate of food. About the only things I can't eat are chicken and pasta. Of course, I never eat sugar as I have experienced the "dumping syndrome" and hate it! I also have so much loose skin. Plastic surgery is out for me as there is no way I could ever afford it and I don't have any rashes or anything like I have read about so I doubt that insurance would cover. Does exercise make it go away. I admit - I don't exercise anymore! Hopefully, I'm not a lost cause.
Jennifer P.
on 4/3/08 10:02 am - Erie, PA
I don't think you're ever a "lost cause" unless you give up. Don't do it!! It's what got you to your highest. Don't be defeated. I also worry about how much I can eat. Some days, like today, nothing stays down....other days, it feels like I can eat what I used to be able to although I know it's not true. Stick with the tool you were given. Protein first, then vegies. Stay clear of the pasta if you can, if not, eat it last. You're down 105pounds, really think about that, it's amazing. I'm down 118, I don't recognize myself. I definitely recognize those old behaviors. Talk to someone, log on to OH...we'll help you through. Jen
mecrawford
on 4/3/08 11:01 am - Baytown, TX
Thanks, Jen! It feels good to know others know what you are going through. I should have joined up earlier! Good luck to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 900 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1002 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 947 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1034 views