5-day Pouch Test beginning Monday...anyone wanna join?

Nanette B.
on 8/6/08 11:59 am - Allen, TX
A few of us are going to give the 5 day test a try...not because we need to 'test' our pouches, it's really just a back-to-basics for accountability. It's basically getting rid of our carbs (and bad snacking choices) and just getting back to what we did shortly after surgery. Some of us are down to those last 20-30 pounds and need to get ourselves jump started again, so please feel free to join in with us! I have read where a few folks have lost 5-7 pounds if they really stick with it. I guess we'll see!! All you lurkers, join in and drop us a short line to let us know you are joining. I think it will be good for us to be accountable to each other. In case you need to plan over the weekend, here's how the plan works, so you can get ready and go to the store if needed. (Thanks Heidi, for getting this info. for us!) Good luck to us all!! Days One & Two: Liquid Protein low-carb protein shakes, broth, clear or cream soups, sugar-free gelatin and pudding. Read more. Day 3: Soft Protein canned fish (tuna or salmon) eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy. Read more. Day 4: Firm Protein ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut. Read more. Day 5: Solid Protein white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game Read more.
H A.
on 8/6/08 11:44 pm - NOR CAL, CA
X-post I'll be at the end of my weekend out of town so I won't be able to check in until Monday afternoon. I'll bring protein with me so I can start Monday morning. Good luck all. ps I'm not so firm in the 170's I bounced up to 180.5 this morning. (Keeping myself honest)
H A.
on 8/11/08 7:45 am - NOR CAL, CA
I'm back. How is it going? I'm trying to keep busy to keep my mind off wanting to snack or chew.
Nanette B.
on 8/11/08 8:15 am - Allen, TX
Oh man...it's harder than I thought! I guess I was snacking more than I thought, but not on really bad stuff. I am making it though! I'm having soup for dinner and I had protein coffee for breakfast and protein chai tea for lunch. If I need more I'll have another small protein drink before bed, but not too late. Do you find that you're getting hungry more frequently now? I have been trying to pay close attention to my eating and I still eat only a really small amount at a 'meal', but I am hungry again in a couple of hours, where I wasn't before. Don't get me wrong, I'm not starving or anything, and possibly it's even a bit of head hunger, but I think that's where the snacking is coming in...I am not sure how to address this! Any thoughts?? What'd you have today? I really want to chew!!! Nanette
H A.
on 8/11/08 8:24 am - NOR CAL, CA
Two protein drinks. I'm going to have some sort of soup for dinner. I think I'm going to go to bed at 6:30 I know it's mostly in the head for me. I'm not starving. It's all about chewing.
H A.
on 8/12/08 12:09 am - NOR CAL, CA
Ok I cheated a little yesterday. I had some nuts and two pieces of jerky. Today seems better. I had not prepared my pantry for this because I just came home from vacation. But today I'm ready I have soup and protein drinks at work and at home. Good luck on day too. Heidi
Jean M. B.
on 8/19/08 1:08 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Nanette! I started the Pouch test yesterday, wasn't ready for last week! Did do a couple of days and really noticed getting full faster. Still can eat tons of snacks though! How did you do? Jean
4Synergy
on 9/21/08 9:58 pm - Chester, VA
Hey Ladies - Sistas In Success ...
I am IN!  I think I had better head to the grocery store to get this thing started off right.
I will do my best to get on board today.  I like being accountable to folks that are traveling the same road as I am.
Lets do this!
~Synergy
sallyone
on 12/15/08 12:34 pm - DIberville, MS
I so need to do this and have been thinking about it everyday... just need to jump on the band wagon.

I am definately going to do it next week.... mmmmm Christmas... LOL

OK I am definately going to do it starting January first... that way I can prepare everything and get the bad stuff out of the house.

I havent been doing badly but I have stopped loosing also... I think my body is done... but I am not... I am jumping up and down 3-5 pounds.

I am down to 204-209.... not bad since I started at 395.5  I have lost a whopping 190 pounds... WOW... I would love plastics but dont see that financially in my future...

4Synergy
on 6/1/09 2:27 am - Chester, VA
WOW - team, its been a minute but I am still keepin it on track.
I bridge between 150 & 155 lbs per week.  Its not hard - I don't get "head-hungry" - but I get "head-snack-attacks".  When I feel that need to chew or crunch something - I grab celery or something like that - the free food stuff.

When all else fails with the pouch test - I turn to CIB twice day, increase my other liquid intake, and try to maximize my protein.

Stay away from the "head-hungries" and you can do this.  My dream is a total body lift & a breast enhancement.  I am not financially set for that - to-date - but as with anything that I have ever really wanted - I saved for it.

Who knows - maybe somewhere along the way - I will find someone to help with the fund and take me over the top.

IF not, then I have agreed to "enjoy the rest of my life and LOVE THE SKIN THAT I AM IN!

WE have succeeded no matter which way it goes.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 615 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1368 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 917 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 795 views