Weekly Weigh In-- Almost 14 months out, peeps! How are you?

Jupiter6
on 9/14/08 7:35 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Consult weight: 368
Surgery weight: 300
Last week: 168
This week: 166.2

Slow as molasses, but it's still sloooooowly coming off! I'm shooting for 160 pre-plastics, God willing. How are you all doing?

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

LisaMom
on 9/14/08 7:56 am - CT
DOS: 328
Today: 194
Total loss: 134#

Very slow as well, but still coming off. Working on getting my iron regulated. I am on all the traditional supplements (calcium, multi vit, B-12) and now on a prescription strength iron supp. I am really really really low, not making it, not storing it, not absorbing it. Makes me sluggish and sleepy at times...hoping things will improve.

Hope everyone has a good week,
Lisa/Mom
Amy_in_MA
on 9/14/08 9:03 pm - Danvers, MA
Consult weight: 154
Surgery weight: 218
Last week: 120.6
This week: 120

Holding steady at 120. :)

wendy hail
on 9/18/08 2:21 am - Clovis, NM
Consult weight: 380
Surgery weight: 362
Last week: 232
This week: 231

Total loss: 149 

my scale is moving very s l o w these days! I still have 31 pounds to go and starting to worry that I will never get there!

I guess I should look at the fact that I started out in a size 38 and now wear a 14, and I am 6 foot tall, and at least I am still losing, even if it is only 3 pounds a month, with plateaus lasting 6 weeks at a time!

cathsorenson
on 9/18/08 12:26 pm - Osage, IA
Surgery weight: 296
This week: 166

I havent lost for 5 months but dropped 4 pounds the last 3 days!! I guess I can still do this!  Not sure if I'm losing this week because I have an awful sinus cold or what, but I dont care!! I'd like to get down another 16 pounds

Very happy with what i have lost so far though, RNY was SUPER!!

Cathy
Iowa
sallyone
on 9/18/08 9:48 pm - DIberville, MS
Jumping in but a bit late...

This month has been terrible for me...

Consult Weight: 395
Surgery Weight: 373.5
Sept 1st: 208.5
Sept 19th:  215.0
TOTAL LOST - 180

My weight is GOING UP!!!!
I need a swift kick in the booty... I can not eat more things than I have been able to and I know I am not eatting what I need to.  We are so busy right now with teaching, working at home, soccer, football, family, house etc etc... you know the drill.... that we are not sititng down to eat at all... and we are running to McDonalds or other quick places in the evenings after soccer and football practice/games.  I am trying to make good choices, but the french fries are calling my name..  I know I am not drinking as much water as I need... I turn around to pick up my things at the end of the day and there is my water bottle still capped, I have drank none.

This is the first time (month) that my weight has gone up and not gone back down.  SOMEONE PLEASE KICK ME IN THE BOOTY...

This is basically what my meals look like for my average malfunctioning day... LOL
Breakfast:  Slimfast (I figured I need the 20 grams of protein and only 1 sugar)
Lunch:  1oz cheese or a mini lunchable (the ones made for babies)
Snack:  Granola Bar while running to get kiddo from school
Snack:  Skim Milk (I will prob have 16 oz of milk before running out the door again)
Dinner: usually a cheese burger (no bun) and some fries (small burger)
Snack:  usually cheese or some chips and salsa

I dont do the lunch everyday... when I remember and have time I do lunch... and usually it is grab and go.  I am not getting in but maybe 16 oz of water, which I know is BAD.

I know my food needs some major help, but it seems like we are running all day everyday... no time to cook or anything... I dont see how people with more than one kid do it everyday...LOL
I dont think I am getting in nearly my calories either, so I guess my body could be starving itself too and holding on to everything I put in.

I so want to get to my goal but I dont see that happening... :-(   I am trying to see about plastics since I have ALOT of skin that needs to come off... wondering if there is a plastic surgery school that takes volunteers... ginea pigs so they can practice... I think that is going to be the only way for me to afford it.  :-(

Have a great day... sorry I hijacked this thread ... sorry also that I havent been around as much.

Susan
happy RNY surgery sister

Jupiter6
on 9/19/08 2:13 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I don't think you're especially high in calories, but the carbs are kind of high--but th ebigger issue is that you are low on protein-- if in a day you're getting in crackers and fries and chips, that space could be holding the protein that's more beneficial to your well-being. Some people are every sensitive to carbohydrates, especially the kind you find in those white flour products.

Try logging it on Fitday for a couple days and see what the balance is-- carbs shouldn't be more than 30%-35% of your intake unless you exercise heavily. Protein should be at least 35%, if not more.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

sallyone
on 9/19/08 3:27 pm - DIberville, MS
Thanks...
I KNOW I need to eat better... I am going to start tracking exactly what is going into my mouth starting on Monday.

I went shopping today and REFUSED to buy any of the foods that I dont want to eat...LOL  So if it isnt in the house I wont eat it....LOL

When I do eat chips or french fries (Gosh that sounds bad...LOL)  I do only eat maybe 3 or 4 MAX... so it sounds worse than it is.   Not that eatting any french fries are good.

I am hoping to kick my booty and get back on track starting on Monday.

Thanks again

Susan

SlimmerMe08
on 9/27/08 9:03 pm - Hurlburt Field, FL
Hello,
I'm new to this messaging thing. I'm a little over a year out from my surgery and I've hit a plateau. I still have about 22lbs lbs until I hit my goal. I've become more active with exercise but these last lbs have become a challenge, so I thought I would reach out to others who are a year out or more and see if anyone has any advice.

Thank you

Stephanie
Consult weight: 268
Surgery weight: 253
This week: 152
reinholdkj
on 9/29/08 1:43 am
DOS: 250
Today: 133
Size 4 or 6 pants and small shirt! WOO HOO

Total Loss: 117 lbs - 5 lbs below goal and still slowly losing.

Have my consult for my tummy tuck on November 6th.
One hundred years from now it will not matter what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had, or what my clothes were like, but THE WORLD MAY BE A LITTLE BETTER BECAUSE I WAS IMPORTANT IN THE LIFE OF A CHILD.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 620 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1371 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 923 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 801 views