Hello Everyone

H A.
on 4/23/09 12:05 am - NOR CAL, CA
It's been a long time. I am heading around the corner for my 2 year mark. Things are good. I bounce between 175 and 185. I am pretty happy here though I still would like to loose about 20 lbs. At my age I think I better just work on staying compliant and healthy.

I would love to hear from any other July 06 peeps out there. I hope you all are doing well.

Heidi

turtleof3
on 4/28/09 8:47 am - Stillwater, OK
 Hello Heidi,
  I am post op out almost two years myself, gastric bypass july 07.
 I am a light weight to start. Started at bout 210, now down to 150pounds.
 Have been feeling a bit discouraged though because i had jumped back onto the carb wagon and chocolate to pacify some winter blues. went up about ten , and taking back control. I recently started the 5daypouchtest and am on my first day for the third time, i refuse to let the carb monster take me down. smiles. I am still in the obese to over weight range and that's not acceptable to me. BMI of 31.
 Just trying to get back to basics  of high protein and high water,lower carbs.
  Have you had any struggles lately? How have you changed your view of yourself physically and emotionally?kristin
H A.
on 4/28/09 2:12 pm - NOR CAL, CA
Oh yes things do creep back into the diet so does emotional eating. I work on it everyday that is all I can do.

I am overweight on the chart too - Forget about that chart.

My friends that haven't had this surgery strugle everyday to loose weight. I couldn't barely lose 10 lbs with out this surgery and keeping it off was almost impossible. To lose 60 lbs and keeping it off is fantastic.

Everyone one I know at my age is trying to lose weight and stay healthy. I will have to work on it as well - day by day one day at a time. Some days are better than others. I won't beat myself up.

I try to eat good protein.

I try not to over eat. My mouth always wants more that my stomach needs.

I try not to have things in the house I have no control over. Even though that is hard for me and food. I can over eat just about anything. It is my addiction.

I just decided last week to try and come back here more often. I need the support of the people here. I see people that are the most successful and they follow the plan. I like you I'm trying to get the carbs back out of my diet - though I don't think all carbs are bad. They just don't fill me up. I never feel full and then I have a carb crash.

Keep checking in Kristin. We can try and help each other. Just remember though - you are not bad and don't beat yourself up. Just do a little better tomorrow than the day before.
Jupiter6
on 4/28/09 9:37 am, edited 4/28/09 9:38 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I am up and down between 150-155-- the fluctuations are due to my edema-- when I swell, I am heavier! When I poop--lighter! ;)

I eat 1300 balanced calories a day-- with the very occasional "free day" when I eat everything I can see! (Not a dumper.) I also walk 2-4 miles every day, weight lift twice a week, and shop literally all day (fleas and yard sales) every weekend. I'm finally comfortably with my daily eating plan, although I hope to bump the cals up again soon--if  drop under 150. My plan for maintenance is a paradigm shift from weight loss to fitness.  I was in really horrible shape, so it's a slow process, but I just feel better on the days I move it.

Survived a gallbladder removal at a year out, and a total obstruction the next week that resulted in me getting gutted like a fish, but think all's well now.

I sent in all my info for plastics today-- having my belly, breasts and arms done in June, I hope.

Consult weight: 368  BMI 62+
Surgery weight (July '07)- 300
Today: 153  BMI 25.3

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

H A.
on 4/28/09 2:21 pm - NOR CAL, CA
Congratulations on your success! I remember you. You have done fantastic. Exercise is a big part of this program for me also. At first it really boosts your weight loss now it boosts my energy and spirits.

I haven't been able to exercise for about 3 weeks consistently and today I started back up walking. I'm at my best when I exercise most days of the week.
Congrats on the plastics I'm very jealous but happy for you.

Keep in touch.
Heidi

turtleof3
on 4/28/09 2:22 pm - Stillwater, OK
 do you want to be friends ? i tried to find your profile but it's set as private. smiles.. kristin
Amy_in_MA
on 5/4/09 2:27 pm - Danvers, MA
Hey stranger. I think you know how I'm doing, don't you? LOL

I'm definitely struggling with some emotional eating and old habits...and it's scaring the crud out of me. But, I have not given up yet on my resolve to keep working my tool to the best of my ability...no matter how many times I fall (not fail...there is no failure, only falling and getting back up). :)

H A.
on 5/5/09 4:54 am - NOR CAL, CA
Yes you are doing fantastic.

I think being scared is good. Stared straight so to speak. I want to be on my toes all the time. But we have to remember where we came from and don't be too hard on ourselves.

I just started back on my workout routine after blowing it off for about 3 weeks. I can tell the difference. I'm back to 4x - 30 minutes minimum.

sallyone
on 5/25/09 2:30 am - DIberville, MS
 Hi it seems like so long since I have last been here... 

I had surgery on 7/31/07... my consult weight was 395 lbs,,,my highest weight was 405 lbs... today I am at 214 lbs.   I got down to 194 for about 1 day.   I had some problems with my back in November and it basically had me bed bound from November till surgery at the end of January... and no excercise till April... so I really need to get my booty back in shape again. 

I can eat more than I could before, and I seem to do just that... I need to get my portion control back in check... along with the sweet stuff that I try to eat back in check too.

I am usually constipated so eatting a bit of sweets is keeping me regular, so I hate to give up on alot of that stuff, as bad as it sounds.

I would love to get to my goal weight of 190, I would really love to be below that weight but we will see.  I would love to have plastics done too... I need a new tummy, thighs, arms and boobies... :-) 

So I guess that is my wish list... LOL  I am going to try and come here more often, I really need the support to get my booty back on track.

HUGS TO ALL and congratulations on all your successes.

Susan

Nanette B.
on 6/11/09 1:15 pm - Allen, TX
Hey gang!  It HAS been a while...I quit coming to site as much as I once did, it seems I just got wrapped up in other things as weight loss FINALLY toook a back seat topic for the first time in my life!  Don't get me wrong, it's still in my top 5, but not #1!! 

I float right around 150-155 and can keep myself there fairly easily.  Have been as low as 147, but not consistently there.  My surgery weight was around 280, my highest ever was around 311.  I feel great and I have never had any complications.  I have had a breast lift and a tummy tuck...both done at the same time in November of 2008.  It was a great decision for me and really helped me to get the last bit of weight off!!  It made a huge difference in my self esteem.

In pants I wear a size 8, some 10's and some 6's...shirts, mostly mediums, some large and some smalls...it all just depends.  Sizes are so inconsistent!!!

I feel great and love to shop!!  It's good to hear from all of you.  I am faithful with my supplements and am anxious to have my two-year bloodwork just to confirm that I am doing as good as I think I am.  This was still the best decision I ever made!!

Take care!

Nanette
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 619 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1371 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 921 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 801 views