July 23rd - Surgi-versary

4Synergy
on 7/13/11 4:05 am - Chester, VA

Well, its been ANOTHER year --- going on that 4 year Surgiversary!  July 23rd is my day!  Life continues to be a journey folks!  Guess I am a work in progress.

Back in November 2009 ... I had the abdomenplasty ... removed ALL the excess skin from my waist.
It was a truly wonderful experience.  I had NO complicatiions and healed nicely!

Since then, my knees (initial co-morbidity) started hurting again.  I had been suffering with Degenerative Joint disease and had little to no cartlidge in my knees.

WELL, December 13, 2011, I had a Total Right Knee Replacement.  WOW... what a difference it has made.  Surgery went well, rehab was a challenge at first, then it got easier.

I have not weighed myself ... last time I did I was at 162 pounds ... I am still in a size 6...my size 8 pants are a nice fit for work.  I noticed that my body-weight started shifting -- ...being sedentary for almost four months was hard on me mentally, moreso than physically...because I live a super-active lifestyle. I may have gained a pound or two during my recup time.

The good news is that I am back on roller skates, will be going back to skating at least three times a week...in addition, I travel the U.S. to skate ... so I will be back on the "circuit". 

Meanwhile, I will be going back to the Liver-Shrinking diet I was initially on before the GB, to help me "cleanse" my system ... I had to go back to taking a lot of pain meds, etc..during these last two surgeries and I don't like the way my body feels...I think this 2-3 week cleansing will make a difference.

I continue to drink more than I eat ... and I bascially eat to sustain life, not to celebrate or to fill a void. 
I don't get "head-hungry" and I have not gone back to any of the old eating habits that I had prior to the GB.  Skim Milk on ice continues to be my favorite!  Heating my skim milk and having my packet of Carnation Instant Breakfast (milk chocolate flavored) continues to be my meal of preference.

Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 619 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1371 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 922 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 801 views