What did you eat yesterday?

THENEWLAURA
on 11/11/08 9:58 pm - Katy, TX
I wanted to get an idea of every-ones eating habits to see if we are all in the same boat:

This is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 egg over easy (no butter or oil to fry) and 1 piece of wheat toast. (I usually put the egg on top of the toast and take the crust off)

Lunch: 1/4 cup salad with grilled chicken. I don't cut the portion of my salad dressing because I am not eating very much salad. Approx. 1 tablespoon of light ranch.

Snack :1/2 banana with approx. 1 teaspoon of low sugar peanut butter

Dinner: 1/4 cup of ho-made chili and beans.
I always wait 30 minutes before I will drink anything. I drink one cup of coffee mid-morning and water all day and nigh****ER WATER WATER. I cannot get enough of it!!

I also eat about 2 1/2 to 3 hours apart.

What are you guys eating?

Laura

Surgery:275/Current:146/Goal:145
I love this quote from Woody Allen...........

"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens".
sconsta902
on 11/18/08 8:43 pm - Westerville, OH
Sounds like you're eating well!  Here's what I had yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 protein shake
Snack: 2 cheese sticks
Lunch: 1/2 c. peanuts and 1 cheese stick
Snack: Protein shake
Dinner: 1 vegetarian meatball with tomato sauce and sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms
Snack: 1/2 c. no sugar added ice cream

I'm also drinking 1-2 cups of coffee a day and doing my best to sip sip sip at other times.  I'm working on doing less protein shakes--they are easier and ensure that I get my protein, but I've heard it's not good to overrely on them. 

Keep up the good work!

THENEWLAURA
on 11/18/08 9:35 pm - Katy, TX
You too!

What type of protein shakes are you having? I had some issues with them in the past and would love to find one that would not make me sick.
Laura

sconsta902
on 11/19/08 1:47 am - Westerville, OH
I started out drinking Myoplex chocolate shakes--they're really, really high in protein!  I still have those once in awhile but they are pretty rich and filling.  Now I'm into the EAS AdvantEDGE.  17 grams of protein per shake and not quite so heavy.  I always prefer the chocolate--have tried vanilla and strawberry, but I guess I'm just a creature of habit!  

THENEWLAURA
on 11/19/08 5:53 am - Katy, TX
Thanks, I will have to try them.

By the way, OBAMA RULES!!
Laura

cray
on 11/24/08 12:24 pm - houston, TX
Hi Laura,

It seems that you are doing really good. I have been trying to get an idea of what others are eating as well. I don't know if I'm eating enough or the right things. Today I had

B: Water and protein drink

L: Water

D: Salad with grilled chicken and fat free dressing

S: Water..

I'm trying to get all of my 64 oz of water in a day. This is the hardest thing for me so thats why i didn't eat Lunch.

THENEWLAURA
on 11/24/08 9:41 pm - Katy, TX
I am glad you posted. I am not a doctor but I don't think you are eating enough. I would never skip a meal, even though it is tough to eat sometimes.
Can you try and drink the water between your meals?

Do you work in an office? I started bringing in a Styrofoam cup with ice and filling it throughout the day to get my water in. It stays pretty cold in the Styrofoam and it is right in front of me all day. It is funny, now I crave my water. I carry a glass of water everywhere I go. I did invest in some Styrofoam cups to keep it nice and cold.

Remember, I am definitely not a doctor or not judging in anyway. I have made my mistakes along the way and the people on this website have given me advice that I have taken and some that I have not. Not skipping meals was some advice I took along the way.

Good luck and let's keep posting! 

Laura

David L.
on 1/8/09 3:07 pm - Hurst, TX

What I ate today....

Breakfast: Tuna packet with crackers

Lunch: Turkey and cheese Lunchable

Dinner: SmartONE pasta dinner

Snack:cheese stick after my 2 chewable Centrum Vitamin

85 Ounces of water

Workout :Hour on the elliptical

Most Active
Recent Topics
THREE YEARS!!