Eating More?

THENEWLAURA
on 8/20/09 1:59 am - Katy, TX

Has anyone out there been able to eat a little more than before? I have noticed that I have been adding a few snacks here and there. I was eating the 100 calorie pack popcorn (no butter) at night and did not realize that this was one of those "Slider Foods" that everyone talks about. I could eat a couple of these bags with no trouble.

I decided to go back to more protein because I know that it will fill me up more than the "slider foods" will. I could kick myself for introducing snacks again!! I was doing so well with no food after my dinner. CRAP!

I wanted some feedback from everyone that had the surgery in July 2008.

Laura

Laura

Surgery:275/Current:146/Goal:145
I love this quote from Woody Allen...........

"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens".
curiousasacat
on 8/22/09 8:55 am - WA
Yeah, I've been eating a little more---from what I understand... when we start out, our pouch is the size of a golf ball --- but after one year it expands.... I jus****ch my portions and  I tend to get full after eating 3/4 of a cup of solids.... Don't kick yourself too hard, we all do that "falling off" now and then...  we're not superpeople... we are human.  Just get up and work at it again.   How are you doing after 1 year? Labs ok? close to your goal?     Exercising?   I noticed during the hot summers, I tend to "blah" at exercising....--- I need to kick myself into doing something --- but then I noticed I'm more active -- walking here and there and not really noticing it...I just keep an eye on my weight once a month... but then I know I don't have to, because my clothes are getting bigger... sheez! My labs are terrific but not sure why my platelets are low, though.  Haven't talked with the doc yet about that. Hope you are doing well, Laura   

Kelly

ilovekev
on 1/25/10 4:25 am - Fife, WA
I need to back to protein too! I do  notice I can eat more..almost..double of what I could right after surgery bad eh? But, it's not as bad as it would have been without the sleeve! That's for sure... :)
THENEWLAURA
on 3/12/10 8:01 am - Katy, TX
I am so sorry I did not see this post!! Yes, I can eat more but my weight has stayed between 143-146 so i am not too worried. I still stay away from dessert and things like ice cream. I will never eat ice cream or malt/shakes ever again!!

I am getting a little freaked out since we are almost at the two year mark. I eat about 6 small meals a day but I am always eating!!

Here is my typical day.

7AM usually weigh****chers blueberry muffin

10:30-11AM lien cuisine frozen meal or healthy choice steamers. I can usually finish the whole thing!

2:00-2:30 sometimes I eat a peanut butter and jelly frozen smuckers sandwich or a handful of peanuts

4:30-5PM something small. Not too much.

7--8PM Dinner-if we go out I usually eat a salad which I can eat more than I did before. These are not small salads. Or a bowl (not cup) of tortilla soup. I can eat more but still not like I did in the past.

Again, I am sorry it took so long to reply.

Laura
Laura

Surgery:275/Current:146/Goal:145
I love this quote from Woody Allen...........

"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens".
poohisme2
on 3/25/10 10:31 pm - BRONX, NY
Hi,
I am actually eating more but still loosing? I am trying to get in 5-6 small meals and 2 snacks a day. I am on a perpetual loss. I was so happy at 150 and now I am at 120. Last week alone I lost 6 lbs. I live on peanutbutter and chicken. I have found these great bakety products from butterfly that are no sugar added,

Most Active
Recent Topics
THREE YEARS!!
THENEWLAURA · 1 replies · 1636 views
Anniversary
Ms TJ P. · 1 replies · 739 views
Today is my 2 year Rebirth date
Renee W. · 1 replies · 859 views
TWO YEARS DOWN!
THENEWLAURA · 0 replies · 776 views
Coming up on 2 years out.
Mandy_ · 2 replies · 754 views