How is everyone doing? My July 2008 friends?

poohisme2
on 3/25/10 10:22 pm - BRONX, NY
Hi everyone,
I have not posted in quite some time.
Let me give you all an updaye and I hope you all do the same.

Well We are now 19 month out. I have adjusted to having the surgery. I am at a BMI of 20 nd down to 120 lbs from 274. Thats the good news. 

I am now looking into plastic surgery to remove the excess skin. I have seen 2 pastic surgeons and was told by both I need a full body lift as I just have too much skin. My insurance wont cover that, so I am looking into doing it piece by piece eventually. I cant afford to self pay. 

My side effects from the surgery have been. Periphril neuropathy in both legs and feet, malnutrition, vitamin defeciancy and major depression. I see 4 doctors eah month and a nutrionisy 2x a month. Life is better being skinny, but I have had some bad effects from it. 

I hope you all are doing well and I am anxiuos to hear how everyone else is doing. 

Sherrie  

mac1
on 4/15/10 5:37 am - Christiansburg, VA

Hi Sherrie,
I wish more people posted here.  I like to hear from my surgery buddy's.  I am doing well.  Have lost 132 pounds, down to 126.  I just had a TT in February.  I had so much extra skin.  It's wonderful to have the panni gone.  I needed a full body lift as well, but insurance only paid for extended TT.  I am still pleased.  I will never have a swimsuit body, but I am much more comfortable in my clothes.  I did get an infection after the TT, but other than that, things went well.  Sorry for your complications.  Hope things get better.  Good luck with your plastic surgery, you will be glad you did it.
Marsha

HW 265/CW 127/GW 130  4/1/10

HW 265/CW 141/GW 125  6/22/11

Extended TT 2/10/10

poohisme2
on 4/15/10 6:06 am - BRONX, NY
Hi Marsha,
What is an extended TT? I'm still waiting on some kind of aproval for anything :( 
Even though you got an infection, would you do it again?

I'm glad to hear your well and happy. Thats what counts.

Sherrie

mac1
on 4/15/10 6:20 am - Christiansburg, VA
I had a lot of skin above my belly button, so the Dr. cut a vertical incision from just below the breasts to the horizontal incision, right above the pubic area. So, basically it's an inverted T incision.  I would definitely do it again.  It wasn't nearly as painful as the Gastric Bypass surgery even though I had a lot of incision.  Just getting rid of that hanging skin was worth it all.  Good luck to you...hope you get your approval soon.  Keep me informed!
Marsha

HW 265/CW 127/GW 130  4/1/10

HW 265/CW 141/GW 125  6/22/11

Extended TT 2/10/10

Mandy_
on 4/22/10 5:14 am - cincinnati, OH
I'm here.

Had a baby...nearing my goal weight (2 lbs left to go) and I'm looking into plastics for my lower body.

:)

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

Most Active
Recent Topics
THREE YEARS!!
THENEWLAURA · 1 replies · 1636 views
Anniversary
Ms TJ P. · 1 replies · 740 views
Today is my 2 year Rebirth date
Renee W. · 1 replies · 859 views
TWO YEARS DOWN!
THENEWLAURA · 0 replies · 776 views
Coming up on 2 years out.