Recent Posts

1Dpbennett
on 5/3/17 10:54 am
Topic: RE: Panniculectomy without weight loss anyone?

I realize it is 2017, but I saw you post and wanted to check in to see how you're doing now. I have had a large panni since my son's childbirth. All the exercise in the world has done nothing for it. I am also heavy. I am comfortable with my size, but not with the panni. I feel it limits my ability to truly exercise and make the changes in activity I need to make. It causes difficulty when I walk and creates a lot of back pain. I have tried prescription weight loss pills with doctor supervision. None of them made a difference. My insurance will not cover a weight loss surgery and I simply cannot afford to pay for it and cover the monthly bill. I feel the quality of my life would improve tremendously if I just remove my panni. I have been told I would be a good candidate for the surgery, and the cost for it is a fraction of regular weight loss surgery. I would not be doing it for weight loss, but for the improvement to the quality of my day to day living. Hopefully you will be able to give me an update on how you're doing now. I would love to hear from you.

midnightbabydoll
on 7/27/12 8:08 pm - TX
Topic: RE: Panniculectomy without weight loss anyone?
 i realize that this post is from 08` and we are now in 2012... but i was at 235lbs and needed a panniculectomy, well i got it. I am 12 days post op and i feel great love that i dont have the skin hanging no more i had 6 lbs of skin and fat removed.
Mandy_
on 8/2/11 10:56 am - cincinnati, OH
Topic: RE: THREE YEARS!!
that is awesome. I barely remember my old self sometimes. this has been amazing

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

THENEWLAURA
on 7/7/11 4:35 am - Katy, TX
Topic: THREE YEARS!!
It actually feels longer than 3 years. My brother told me today that he does not remember the old me and it seems that I have always been this size. Don't get me wrong, I NEVER want to forget the way the extra pounds made me feel inside and out. I still read my journal from those days to remind me of how far I have come.

Thank you Dr. J! You made me life again!

I hope everyone out there is doing well!

Lots of love and hope for the future,

Laura
Laura

Surgery:275/Current:146/Goal:145
I love this quote from Woody Allen...........

"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens".
KITTYKAY
on 7/27/10 4:15 pm
Topic: RE: Today is my 2 year Rebirth date
Congrads! I too am coming up on my 2 year anvirs! I too have learned so much as well. My life has changed so much. Glad its still working for you.
 Kitty Kay

Raise awareness - Multiple Sclerosis

RNY 7-30-08
233/150
KITTYKAY
on 7/27/10 4:13 pm
Topic: RE: Anniversary
I am coming up on my 2 year as well. I can now hold more food now than before. It is scary yes! I have learned so much the last two years. Man woman are really different huh?
 Kitty Kay

Raise awareness - Multiple Sclerosis

RNY 7-30-08
233/150
Ms TJ P.
on 7/17/10 2:47 am - VA
Topic: Anniversary
Today July 17, 2010, is my 2 yr. anniversary date  for RNY. I have put on about 15lbs total since my lowest weight, I'm still grateful for the weight I have lost, but I don't want it to creep back up. I guess I need to go back to basics which seems hard because I can hold more food than I could two  years ago.

Tonya
Renee W.
on 7/15/10 10:03 am - Lincoln Park, MI
Topic: Today is my 2 year Rebirth date
I am so proud to be two years out today.  I look back at my journey and WOW has my life changed.  It is remarkable to go through blogs, pictures and letters to see where I was and where I am now.  I am so thankful for this tool that I have been given.  Bless Dr. C.  He is the best.
Renee W, Gastric RNY - July 15, 2008, Dr. Carlin - HF Detroit, Pre-Op - 299.99 - 1/1/08 Post-Op - 208.2 - 11/8/08

To be successful you must have faith and take each day one day, one step and one breath at a time. 
Mandy_
on 7/7/10 11:33 pm - cincinnati, OH
Topic: RE: Coming up on 2 years out.
thanks. I feel great. I'm down over 200 lbs now. its nuts

you look fantastic!!

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

THENEWLAURA
on 7/7/10 12:04 am - Katy, TX
Topic: TWO YEARS DOWN!

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT HAS BEEN TWO YEARS. I FORGET WHAT I WAS LIKE BEFORE MY SURGERY. I HAVE LOST 132 POUNDS AND FEEL GREAT!! I USUALLY STAY AROUND THE 143-145 RANGE.

I DID HAVE SOME PAIN IN MY STOMACH LAST NIGHT AND REALIZED THAT I WAS TAKING MEDICATION I SHOULD NOT BE TAKING!! SOMETIMES I FORGET THAT I HAVE A DIFFERENT DIGESTIVE TRACK. I THINK I WILL PRINT THE LIST AND KEEP IT IN MY PURSE.

EVERYTHING ELSE HAS REALLY BEEN A RIDE. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A LITTLE PLASTIC SURGERY BUT CANNOT AFFORD IT AT THIS TIME. MAYBE ONE DAY..........

LAURA

Laura

Surgery:275/Current:146/Goal:145
I love this quote from Woody Allen...........

"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens".
Most Active
Recent Topics
THREE YEARS!!
THENEWLAURA · 1 replies · 1636 views
Anniversary
Ms TJ P. · 1 replies · 739 views
Today is my 2 year Rebirth date
Renee W. · 1 replies · 859 views
TWO YEARS DOWN!
THENEWLAURA · 0 replies · 776 views
Coming up on 2 years out.
Mandy_ · 2 replies · 754 views