Gotta keep it real...16lbs gain since last August

2_be_me_again
on 8/25/11 5:01 am
Hi Julyer's,

Hope everyone is doing great!  I've missed you all.  Haven't been on in a while and thought I'd check-in.  Let's start with the truth:  I'm up to 191lbs.  Vitals are good- health is great.  So yes, I've gained about 16lbs in the last year.  At first it was diliberate.  At 179lbs - I was somewhat happy with myself and then I started to feel way too thin. It's funny when you read how people will say they think they are too thin after months of hearing them say they can't wait to reach goal.  I stopped going to the gym altogether.  I stopped measuring my meals.  I stopped counting calories.  I stopped the conscious effort of maintaining.   A few months ago I realized I had been drinking far too much wine and cut that all together.   What I found that helped me to realize what I was doing... I started to save the empty bottles.   Once opened - I'd write the date on the label so I could keep track of how much I was really drinking.   Once you have a counter full of empty bottles in a 5 day period... perspective immediately hits you.  Damn - I have a problem.    Well... that's what worked for me.  Seeing how much intake versus water i had been consuming was an eye opener.   Ok... so that's over.  But I became even more crazy with my habits.  Prior to surgery - I wouldn't say I was a potato chip eater.  As of late - my staple has been BBQ Ruffles.  OMG... I once ate a whole bag (big bag) in 1 day.   It became a daily habit for me to go to the store and buy a grab bag of chips ($.99 cent).  I started to save the bags recently... a whooping 13 bags in a 5 day time period.   That's 4,940 calories in 5 days on chips.  Almost a 1,000 calories a day just on chips.  NOT GOOD.  I hate eating real food anymore.  Plus I'm too freaking lazy to cook food for myself so I typically eat a lot junk food.   Anyway... I re-signed up with the gym and are getting myself back into a routine.   I haven't had any chips  this week but I will have some on Sunday.   My trainer says I can have 1 day a week to stray from the plan... so I look forward to it.   I stopped going out as much as I had been.  Clubs and drinking go hand and hand.   

If you by chance have fallen a lil bit back into old habits... I would highly recommend saving your food wrappers for the week.   Really look at all the crappy stuff you just ate that week.   It certainly helped me realize my problem. 

Anyway... I'm changing my tracker - since I've gained weight.  Gotta be honest with myself.  My clothes still fit (some are a lil snug),  my boobs have gained some "air" and filled out a lil better than before.  I still feel good about myself but want to feel great about myself.  I'd like to lose 5 or 6 pounds... so that's where I'm at.  Back to the basics!!!   Water, Protein and Exercise.... that simple.

Still happy I had RNY July 2009....  

Miss you all...

Luv Luv,
B

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

luanne711
on 8/26/11 2:14 am - Bradford, PA
Brandi, I too was starting to think I was 'too thin" but I reached out to the main OH board and realized that it's very normal to get that look and that my weight will probably creep back on it's own, but hopefully only enough to level things out.  You're just not used to seeing yourself that way.  Lucky you on the boobs part (I asked you about that in your picture  ;-)  Thank goodness for Victoria Secret and padded bras.  Now that I know my bra size though, I can easily spend less money on padded bras.

Thank you for sharing.  I too tend to be drinking too much alcohol and not enough water, but at least I still have a cupboard full for company -haha-- which I never get for the most part, but I don't beat myself up about it too much.  I've been having fun, getting back into the dating scene.  

Hang in there girl and you'll do just fine.  I've been very fortunate with my journey and hoping to remain successful.

Luanne

Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
sexyshoediva
on 1/16/12 10:55 pm - OH
I know this is old but I'm glad you posted it, needs it today. recently realized I gained almost 20 pounds. I've been trying to focus on exercise and protein again and I really really need to start drinking water. Good advice. I've been tracking my food lately and that's really helping. Gonna take your suggestion about keepin the rappers.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 820 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 702 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 937 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1021 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1052 views