Day 1 of protein shake diet!

carriebarrie
on 6/22/10 5:02 am - Grand Forks, ND
This is the part I've been dreading.  The 2 week protein shake diet before surgery.  I'm pleased to say, it has not been too bad yet.  I mixed an instant coffee packet into my chocolate shake this morning and added a little sugar free rasberry syrup into a vanilla shake for lunch.  It's kinda fun trying out new flavors.  Anyone else have any good ideas for mixology?

Hope everyone is doing well!

BiggE
on 6/22/10 8:27 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I started today as well, just to get use to it.
Di Vita
on 6/23/10 9:48 pm - Houston, TX

I started mine 2 days ago.. they aren’t bad. My surgery is on the 6th of July. I'm just tempted to cheat at work cuz they keep taking us out to eat. I'm having trouble finding any sugar free syrups. Where did you get yours? A mixology I came across that I have yet to try is a strawberry cheesecake one. You just add a package of sugar free Jello cheesecake mix into your vanilla or strawberry shake. If its vanilla you can add a few natural strawberries or sugar free syrups of your choice. I plan to try it this afternoon. I’m still nervous about the whole thing but I just wanna get it over and done with already!
carriebarrie
on 6/23/10 10:11 pm, edited 6/23/10 10:11 pm - Grand Forks, ND
We have the same surgery day!  I found Torani brand syrup in the coffee aisle at my grocery store. Rasberry is yummmy both in vanilla and chocolate shakes.  Let me know how the cheesecake goes!  Do you add a whole package at one time? 

Has anyone tried the Nectar Roadside Lemonade?  I have a jug of it, but not sure whether to mix it in water or iced tea. 

Maureen_1966
on 6/24/10 2:45 am - Southern Ontario, Canada
VSG on 07/08/10 with
I started my two week, full liquid preop diet today.  So far so good - but it's only been 1/2 day so far... ask me by the end of the weekend and we'll see!

teejones
on 6/26/10 2:27 am - Concord, NC
We are having surgery on the same day, I have been a little freaky here lately but I know that we all can overcome this. This is going to better us all and allow us to do things in life that before we may have thought that we could  not do. Good luck to you all and a speedy recovery.

teejones
on 6/26/10 2:21 am - Concord, NC
I just started my 2 week diet on Thursday and I have to admit it has really been a little rough, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I found the Oh Yeah to be pretty tasty, I am going out and buy me some sugar free syrup to add to my shakes and see how they are. I also have V8 soup mixed with broth, but first you want to strain the V8 soup and mix one cup of soup to one cup of broth tasted pretty good.
VSGsenior
on 6/27/10 6:21 am
VSG on 07/03/10 with
I am on day 2 of liquid pre-op - having surgery July 3 in Mexico. Getting excited and anxious to get that part over with!
Not having a bad time of this diet - high protein makes you not feel so hungry.
I have 3 meals of shakes made with skim milk - then SF Fudgsicle, SF Jello,
cups of chicken broth, Gerber baby juices, tons of water. Doing okay and keeping calories around 800 to 900 per day.
I put one cup milk, one scoop powder and one cup crushed ice in the blender. Not bad at all. I appreciate your ideas for variety in the shakes as we are gonna need it before long.
My best wishes to everyone!

VSGsenior
on 6/30/10 11:04 am
VSG on 07/03/10 with
Hi! Me again - day 5 of liquid pre-op diet and not doing as well as I was. Can't wait to be through with this!  Wonder if I am going to feel the same after surgery with nothing but liquids? Having a nervous stomach about the surgery doesn't help, does it?  Good luck to all of us! :-)
carriebarrie
on 6/28/10 1:50 am - Grand Forks, ND
Almost a week down!!  Yay!  I'm starving and I'm crabby and there's still a week to go.  Grrrr!!  AND on top of being hungry and crabby, I have not lost any weight!!  WTH? 

Most Active
Recent Topics