Gas and bloating - post op question

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/10 11:24 am
Surgery is this Saturday and would like to ask a question! I have read several topics today in this Forum regarding the hard time everyone (most everyone) had following surgery with GAS.Can you take GasX  prior to surgery and help rid it?  or even after it?

In the past when I've had a Lap done, the doctor put gas in my abdomen during surgery so he can perform the surgery and it just doesn't have a place to escape.  I never asked, but can't the surgeon do something about that?  Or is it the bowel prep before surgery?

tat2dchickie
on 7/14/10 5:31 am - Victorville, CA
As far as taking something for the gas, I did, I took some tums and that seemed to help, I have read alot of people who say they have taken Gas x after to help out. Man if the surgeon can do something during or after surgery to relive tha gas post op, I really wish they would have done it for me LOL.
Good luck and best wishes, your date is just a hop,skip and a jump away!!!!!

Teresa2077
on 7/17/10 12:06 am
I'm taking the Gas X stripes that dissolve in your mouth.

I've had gas from both ends and afterwards it feels much better :D
BankerRad
on 7/19/10 5:51 am - Fullerton, CA
Lap Band on 07/08/10 with
Hi, I have never heard of anything being pre surgery to help. I did have a lot of gas so I took Gas X strips and popped them in my mouth as often as I was allowed. Walking immediately after recovery really helped also. For the first week of the surgery I tried to walk around as much as I could and that helped.

kaylee2010
on 7/22/10 2:25 pm - New Baltimore, MI
 I was allowed to have the chewable gas ex. Smilicone is the generic. For me, it was a miracle worker
Kiabelle
on 7/25/10 10:32 am, edited 7/25/10 10:32 am - Jersey City, NJ
Hi,  The gas after surgery is painful.  Walking helped some, but I was constantly aware of it.  Once I got home,  I found that kneeling on the floor on my hands and knees helped to push the gas out.  Since the gas isn't technically in your stomach, I don't know if gas-x or tums will help.

Kiabelle                                                     

Kiabelle in Onderland 1/12/11

Most Active
Recent Topics