I Week Post Op

tat2dchickie
on 7/12/10 11:46 pm - Victorville, CA
Hey all, how is everyone doing?
Well I am a week post op and I am feeling OK, soreness is practically all gone and I am feeling good. I have to say though, I am dealing with some head hunger, as people like to call it, where your mind says your hungry but the pouch says no, and I am pretty sure that's what it is cause the only time I feel hungry is when I am cooking for my kids and people are talking about food.
I still don't seem to have a full sensation, so what I am doing is measuring everything that I consume into 2 oz. Excep****er.
I seem to be getting better with my water intake and protein day by day, I made it to 3, 16 oz bottles of water yesterday, that still makes me one bottle shy of the 64 oz that I am supposed to have.
 I am pretty much alright. I have my post op follow on Saturday with my husband cause that's the only day he has off and the Dr really wants him to come in for an eval. My husband had his GBS done two years ago by the same surgeon, but because of Insurance issues, he hasn't been able to go back to see him till now.
I hope today turns into a great day for everyone!!!!

mtzladybug
on 7/13/10 6:07 am

I'm glad you are feeling good.
Yesterday I got right out of bed, showered, cleaned the house, put make up on, did my hair, went shopping, made dinner, cleaned some more and....... today I feel like I got my butt seriously kicked!!! :) I think I may have over done it a little. I'm resting today.

You are having the same feelings about food that I am. One problem I have though is that I don't get full on the liquid diet. I'm not starving or anything but the liquids just go right through me. You'll have to update after your apt. and tell me what the doctor said about not getting full or that feeling of fullness.

Keep feeling better and make sure you take rests from time to time.

BankerRad
on 7/19/10 6:27 am - Fullerton, CA
Lap Band on 07/08/10 with
HI, glad you are doing well. I feel we all have similar stories. I went back to work on day 7 and for the most part feel good. At the end of the eight hour work day I feel tired. Like you, I feel hungry all the time and liquids are not satisfying nor do they give me the full feeling. I have my appointment on Thursday which I will discuss with him my options to feel full. I too struggle with all the liquid, I am doing my best. I walk everyday and my incisions do not hurt or itch. I am interested in hearing how your follow up appointment went.

tat2dchickie
on 7/19/10 9:13 am - Victorville, CA
My follow up went well, I am down a total of 20 lbs since my weigh in at the hospital. He says i am on track. He adjusted my vitamins> he had me start taking a sub lingual B12 rather then the liquid i was using.Put me on iron every other day and chewable "Chocolate" calcium, much better then the tums I was using LOL, What I am having trouble with is the multi vitamin man those are tuff, I gag every time  I am gonna have to see it liquid mutli vitamin is allowed.
I asked about not getting the full sensation and my Dr. said that I wont have a full sensation because I am only on liquids and that won't fill the pouch to give me a full sensation, i wont have a full felling until I eat things that a lil thicker.

drkangel101
on 7/23/10 1:12 am, edited 7/23/10 1:12 am - lawrenceville, GA
wow thats great , I must say 64 0z wow I am almost 5 days post op had my surgery monday but I am having a hard  time even getting 20 oz of water it , because when I drink I get a tight / pain feeling in my chest that goes away once i burp or the water goes through it is getting better so hopefully soon I will be able to get it in. I am only on liquids for one week clear that is then full  one week then soft foods :)  then week 4 start  introducing foods. I too fell  pretty good  really only the belly botton incision is sore. I went to the bank, walmart yesterday and did fine.
Most Active
Recent Topics