RNY July 29th & thought I was ready, but so scared now

mylament
on 7/23/10 11:19 am - MO
 what do you do for the gas? funny, i read this last night and then was up all night and spent the day in bed b/c of gas and i haven't even had surgery yet... at least, it felt like gas. either that or maybe it was my gallbladder...

anyways, i'm wondering what the best things are to do for gas? 

Thanks for adding me! :) 
drkangel101
on 7/24/10 1:08 pm - lawrenceville, GA
I used gas X that helped some and when I called the doc they told me u need to make sure u have a bowel movement so  to get some milk of magnesia so I did that to  and then  walk and walked and it started going away ! My gallbladder was taken out in 97 so no help there other then I can tell u gallstomes hurt like hell...lol
italianspice
on 7/27/10 11:02 pm - Eastlake, OH
I think fear is a common feeling  before surgery. I also am having rny on the 29.
I just try to reassure myself that I have done my research, have a great doc, and know that if I could have lost the weight and kept if off, I would have done it by now. I am 44 and want to be able to enjoy the rest of my life without being held back by this wall of fat.
Hang in there.
Maria
lptazbear66
on 7/30/10 1:59 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
I hope your surgery went well and you are recovering at home by now.  I can say one thing; I wish I had taken the Milk of Magnesia on my 2nd day instead of waiting.  The walking helped me the most.  I am 4 days post op right now and I still have gas pains.  It is weird to go this long without real hunger pains. 
I really hope your recovery goes well for you.  I can only think of one bad night of gas pains that I had.  My only description is like labor pains.  I breathed my way through them and prayed farts & burbs would come..haha. 
Good luck and best wishes to you. Alana

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
Most Active
Recent Topics