Surgery July 29th, post op 3 days!

Michelle R.
on 7/31/10 8:14 am - Spencer, MA

For all of you who are newly post opt or getting ready for surgery I have to say I feel so much better than I thought.  I definitely have soreness at the lap sights, but after everything I read on these boards, I was prepared for the worst and it really has not been so bad.

One bit of advice if your date is coming up is when talking to your anesthesiologist is to be prepared for nausea and be proactive.  My Dr gave me a patch to wear behind my ear and anti nausea medicine as soon as I came out and I never got that horrible nausea feeling.

I just keep sipping all day long and luckily I seem to be ok with protein shakes.  Will start vitamins tomorrow. So I will keep my fingers crossed that I tolerate those ok.

One questions is my Dr sent me home with oxi-codiene for pain, I made the mistake of crushing the pill and that was horrible but I was afraid of swallowing the pill, has anyone tried swallowing any pills yet?

How are other newbies doing so far? 

I was shocked that after 3 days with hardly no food I gained 4 lb's in the hospital, is this common?

Michelle

"Taking one day at a time, knowing my future is bright!"

Starting/Heighest Weight :  266
Surgury date:  July 29. 2010

Tina65
on 8/1/10 1:47 pm
Hi,

Glad to hear you are doing well!  Gaining weight in the hospital is normal.  They give you quite a bit of fluid in your IV.  You'll lose that, so don't worry about that.  

With regard to pills, my doctor gave me allergy pills (which are small) in the hospital and sent me home with pills for pain as well as my proton pump inhibitor which was massive.  He said that taking them would not be a problem.  They actually never caused me any trouble, other than making me feel really full. But, be sure to do what your doctor tells you to do.  Every doctor is different.

I hope things continue to go well for you! :) 
tina71
on 10/15/10 8:11 am
i had my surgery 27 july2010 and i've only lost 2lbs. i dont know what to think. was feeling great about it now i dont know.
Most Active
Recent Topics