1 week post op today - lap band

JustTigs
on 8/6/10 7:04 am - Caldwell, ID
Hey all.  I am feeling like I'm doing it all wrong.  I can't count how many times I have read about not comparing your recovery to anyone elses but here I am doing it.

I had my surgery at the same time as 2 other patients.  We went to first breakfast on Tuesday and they are talking about how they are taking multiple walks a day and I'm lucky to walk around Walmart for a few minutes.

Now it's a week after surgery and I feel like I don't know what I'm doing.  My surgeon has us progressed to a full liquid diet and we are supposed to be aiming for 60 grams of protein in a day.  I've got my protein supplement that I'm adding into my soup and I just mixed up a batch of SF pudding with more supplement in it.

Here's the thing, I'm supposed to be eating less.  So, I don't know if I'm drinking too much stuff.  My dietitican hasn't been very much help, she's nearly impossible to get ahold of and her answers are far too vague. 

Should I be eating 3x a day or is that for after I'm back to a regular diet?  I know that my new stomach can't hold very much but then again I'm on liquids so theoretically doesn't it all just go through? 

I can't even think to ask everything I don't know.  I see my surgeon on Monday for my follow up.

Additionally, I'm still quite painful.  I run out of energy so quickly it's a joke to try to get anything done.  It's probably not much help that I live alone and I already had to go back to work, the backup I had arranged for didn't work out.  My office is in my home so the commute is short.

Help?

Most Active
Recent Topics