3 months out since my surgery on August 14th, 2010

Lawrence F.
on 11/28/10 6:41 am - Suffern, NY
Well, it's been 3 months since I had my bariatric procedure and I have to say, that I feel great. I recently saw relatives that I hadn't seen since the summer and they said I looked unbelievable. You know... I don't personally see it with the exception of a thinner face. I've lost so far 75lbs and am feeling pretty good. I got used to finding out what I can tolerate and what my limits are as far as food intake is concerned. I probably vomited 3-4 times since my surgery because my eyes were literally bigger than my stomach. I have to say that I haven't done any real exercise and I admit to feeling pretty guilty about that one, but I'm hoping that after school is over for the semester, I join a gym and get back into the habit of some form of regular workout. For those who are thinking about the surgery, I highly recommend it. It will change your life around. I still weigh in at 263lbs so I have a far way to go before I achieve my goals, but I never would have made it to 263 if it weren't for the surgery. If there anyone who has any questions about the surgery or would like more information, I'll be happy to oblige.

Regards,
Lawrence
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Jo R.
on 12/1/10 9:24 am - Houston, TX
Hi Lawrence,
Congratulations!  I bet you feel really good and will only get better.  I am having RNY on 27-Dec.  Was finally approved by insurance and my doctor after all the pre-evaluations.  Received the call today and am excited about getting this show on the road.

See you on the losing side!

All the best,
Jo
Jo                      
Most Active
Recent Topics