Any other July Buddies out there?

Kaysmommy
on 5/29/11 12:00 am - Silver City, NM
Hi I'm Aimee. I'm going to be having WLS in July. I have been through my seminar and done my psych eval already. Next week I can schedule my pre-op appointment with my surgeon, then he can do the surgery as soon as a week out from there. Although I can have surgery done in June, I'm waiting for July so my husband will be home with me. I'm lucky to have insurance and a military hospital that does not have any pre surgery weight maintenance. Then only 1 week of a liquid diet before surgery. I'm still torn between RNY and ther Sleeve. I had my mind set on RNY till my seminar. My surgeon will do either one, but I'm waiting for our 1 on 1 to decide. I just want to make the best decision for me.

I've already started a protien shake a day. Also I am totally off caffeine ( I've never been a coffee drinker, but tea and soda is my love). Also I've started eating smaller portions, and protien rich and low carb food. thankfully at my seminar I met a nice gal who is going to be having surgery the first part of July too. So I have someone local who will be right there with me in out journey.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

scorpiozprincess
on 5/30/11 3:57 am - NY
Revision on 06/07/11 with
HI IM DUE TO HAVE A REVISION ON JULY 11 2011 JUS IN TIME FOR THE SUMMER...CONGRATS TO U HUN
MsAReed86
on 6/1/11 1:04 am - IL

Congratulations!!! I too am taking that step towards the losers bench. My surgery is scheduled for July 12th, I 've gone through my psych eval, sleep tests, and completed my required support groups. I was orginally scheduled for June 21st but something came up with my surgeon and he had to reschedule. Now I'm patiently waiting!
Good luck and I wish you the best with whatever procedure you choose!

Siui80
on 6/2/11 11:48 pm
Hi All, I'm Susan. I got my date last week, 13th July! Super excited, would love some friends on here at the same stage as myself. I am having the RNY as I have PCOS and by all accounts that is the better option for that condition.

Aimee, you are already on a protein shake a day? Tell me more, is this something I should do?
Kaysmommy
on 6/3/11 12:04 am - Silver City, NM
Yay, more July buddies. I have decided to have the sleeve. I am now just waiting patiently for the dr who did my psych eval to give it to my surgeon, so we can get my July date scheduled.

Susan, I decided this is a life change I need to be in for the long haul. So I know for the rest of my life I should be getting in a protein shake a day. When is a better time to get in the habit then when you make the life changing decision. I also have PCOS, and my ObGyn recommended RNY to me, but as he told me it's only from what he has seen in his office not from doing the proper research. I think all the surgeries are effective tools if you follow the guidlines.

I can't wait for our days to come.
thompsonnj
on 6/6/11 9:39 am - Fort Washington, MD
 Hi everyone, I just got my tenative date too July 12th and I'm so excited.  I have to start my liquid diet on June 9th for 4 weeks.  There are a host of pre-op things to do but I'll get them all in.  Check my blog to see the list.  Good luck to everyone.

whamzley
on 7/14/11 10:45 am
just had my sleeve on 7-12...today is 7-14--actually I feel pretty good! From this am until this evening, I feel better..If you had yours on the 12th drop me a line and we can compare notes
Jenners
on 6/6/11 9:21 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I'm July 6th! I can't wait, 1 month away! I hope the time goes by fast I have done everything but a sleep study and my pre-ops, which will both be done next week. Then just 2 more weeks of waiting! Yay!
~*~JEN~*~     

HW: 406   SW: 358   CW: 231      
msridman
on 6/7/11 11:32 am - GA
I just got my tentative date of July 12th as well.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  I am having RNY.   would love chat buddies as well.

oldbooknewlook
on 6/7/11 12:59 pm - Yarmouth, ME
Hi!  My name is Amy and I am having my RNY on July 25th!  They were going to schedule me for June but I opted to schedule in July because my mom will be on vacation that week and she'll be able to help my husband with our daughter.  I've had my surgery date since mid-May and the wait is killing me!  Glad to meet other July buddies, thanks for posting! 
~Amy   165 lbs down!  My journey on YouTube: www.youtube.com/oldbooknewlook

Most Active
Recent Topics