July 13, 2011 is the date!

Brandnewme42
on 6/26/11 9:00 pm
I'm feeling nervous as I get closer to the nitty gritty! But I'm also ready to get this weight off of me for good! I want to make sure I do what they tell me to do so nothing will go wrong or I mess up somewhere down the line.

Happy my husband is preparing for the surgery too! But his head is so thick he is not doing what he suppose to do as he prepares for surgery. But I can't worry about him right now, this is my moment....and I'm praying that everything goes according to God's will!
Hello I am looking for people who live in the Warren and Center Line area who are preparing for weight loss surgery or had the surgery. Possibly you are having it at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital on E. 10 Mile in Center Line or you had it there. I am preparing for surgery and even though I don't have my exact date as of yet I would like to keep in touch with others that are like me or was like me. Serious replies only please, maybe this summer we could form a walking group and just support each other through our journey of getting healthy.

Please contact me via email, if you are seriously interested in forming this group.

Thanks!

Marcia B.
on 6/27/11 12:56 pm - CA
My surgery date is for July 13th as well out here in California.  And I think it's normal for you to feel nervous.  I met a few people who have dates close by mine and they are nervous as well.  Something new, a change always causes doubts and nervousness you wouldn't be normal otherwise :)  Take care and good luck you will do great :)
Brandnewme42
on 6/27/11 9:11 pm
Hi Marcia! Thanks I wish you luck as well! I've been having doubts every now and then thinking to myself do I really need to do this? Why can't I just eat the way I would if I had the surgery? Stuff like that....but how long would I be able to keep it up if I didn't have the surgery?

I'm having the surgery because I couldn't stop eating the wrong things and not moving like I should. I'm just prayerful and trying to keep an open mind.
Hello I am looking for people who live in the Warren and Center Line area who are preparing for weight loss surgery or had the surgery. Possibly you are having it at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital on E. 10 Mile in Center Line or you had it there. I am preparing for surgery and even though I don't have my exact date as of yet I would like to keep in touch with others that are like me or was like me. Serious replies only please, maybe this summer we could form a walking group and just support each other through our journey of getting healthy.

Please contact me via email, if you are seriously interested in forming this group.

Thanks!

Marcia B.
on 6/28/11 6:14 am - CA
:) I have the same thoughts... its frustating because you see so many people who don't have a problem and then there are people like me - I want to not eat the wrong things or at least keep it in moderation and my stomach tells me I am hungry all the time :)
Brandnewme42
on 6/28/11 10:49 pm
Well I'm on my way to the grocery store to get all the things I'll need to eat for 12 days of this lowfat diet! UGH....soupy Cream of Wheat and Oatmeal with no flavor is something I'm not looking forward too. But this is two of the things I'll be eating after surgery, so I might as well get use to it.

I keep looking at the chicken broth in my cabinet wondering should I go ahead today and open a can for dinner.

Thanks!

Marcia B.
on 6/29/11 11:48 am - CA
I started a week ago or so by replacing my breakfast & lunch with a protein shake and then for my 2 snacks in between breakfast/Lunch and Lunch/Dinner I have greek yogurt.  I have had to get use to so little to eat but I am hoping that afterwards I won't feel so starved after a day of just having liquids.  For Broth you know you could add some veggies and boil the broth just strain out the food before eating :) maybe it will taste better.
Brandnewme42
on 6/29/11 10:02 pm
Re: the broth I will have to try that! I've been doing two protein shakes for breakfast and snacking in the afternoon then do dinner. My snacking in the evening should consist of a yogurt or another protein shake though. I know today I'm going to have to make some changes in what I'm doing so I can get use to eating differently after the surgery.

I know the nurse told us (new patients) that we should be doing breakfast (oatmeal, yogurt, cream of wheat...) then for snack a protein shake or pudding made of the HMR powder, then lunch (jello, chicken or beef broth...)another shake for snack, then dinner (broth....not quite sure what else) then a shake for the last snack. This all after the surgery....I would think it would be a waste of food because we will only be able to hold so little.

Thanks!

Marcia B.
on 6/30/11 12:28 pm - CA
yea that seems like a lot of food when they tell you what you have to eat - can't wrap my mind around how little you actually eat and how many times you eat lol
Most Active
Recent Topics