Started my 2 week liquid Pre-Op diet today

entrise
on 7/4/11 9:57 am
DS on 08/08/16
I began my 2 week liquid pre-op diet today and I must say, "I don't like it". I have had two 32 oz. protein shakes, loads of water, and chicken broth. I have a huge hunger headache and can only take Tylenol for it. I miss my Naproxen. This pre-op is difficult and take it one moment at a time. I am determined to make this work. This to shall pass. I can't wait until July 18th. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have this surgery. Time for me to stop whining and move forward.

no_more_rolls
on 7/5/11 1:46 am - Jackson, MI
Hang in there!  I completely understand what you are going through.  

My surgery is on the 8th.  The pre-op diet has been tough...and easily the toughest diet I've EVER been on!  I had to quit most of my medications, including my medication for migraines.  I was told I could have sugar free popsicles and sugar free jello in addition to my protien supplements.  I have not had any popsicles, but I have had a serving or 2 of the jello just about every day!  LOL  I have been drinking a LOT of fluid (exceeding 64 ounces daily) but of course I am running to the bathroom a lot.    I just keep reminding myself that "they" say the pre-op diet is the hardest part....and that I am doing this to "live" a healthier life. I do admit the first 3 or 4 days were the hardest...even cooking meals for the family or smelling the BBQ didn't bother me this weekend!

It will get easier, even if your stomach continues to complain in protest  
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

the3bubbasmom
on 7/6/11 3:28 pm - AR
My surgery is scheduled for July 15th(realize band). I am about to begin day 7 of the liquid diet. It is TORTURE! I am allowed plain oatmeal or grits, the s/f jello and pudding, fat free cream soups(YUCK) and of course 3 protein shakes aday. I have gotten to where I am starving but I can't imagine having any of the allowed foods! I am so done with them. I hate the protein shakes. I am making nyself drink them. I truly hope what I have been told is correct and that this IS the hardest part! I have doubted my decision a million times in the last 7 days. Good luck to you all. I completly understand!!
The 3 Bubbas Mom
GrandmaSusan
on 7/13/11 12:38 am, edited 7/13/11 12:41 am - ME
OH WOW!!! What I wouldn't give for a bowl of oatmeal or grits! Even pudding or cream soup would taste good right now!!! I can't have any of those, so savor them an count yourself lucky!!!!! I am also having my surgery on 7/18. See you on the losers bench! Arms around, Susan
My Name is Susan & I'm a Happy Loser!!

kandjmom
on 7/7/11 1:21 am
 i began mine on the 6th and the headachs are so bad its unreal im so hungry but hopefully end soo i go in the 19th
entrise
on 7/7/11 4:38 am
DS on 08/08/16
Thanks everyone for your support and understanding. I can honestly say that today, being day 4, is not so bad. I no longer have the headaches. I guess my body is adjusting. I'm still really hungry but I can deal with it.
It does get better. I'm felling pretty good. We all can get through this. Just take it one moment at a time.

no_more_rolls
on 7/10/11 3:08 pm - Jackson, MI
I had my surgery on Friday. Since my surgery I am not hungry, so at least for the hunger part, the pre-op diet is the worst part.
entrise
on 7/11/11 3:33 am
DS on 08/08/16
It's so good to hear from you. I was wondering how you were doing since your surgery Friday. I wish you a speedy recovery. See you on the loosers bench soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics