Surgery Tomorrow!

Brandnewme42
on 7/12/11 2:30 am
I'm scared, nervous and need support!http://images.obesityhelp.com/_shared/images/smiley/msn/frown.gif

For those of you who had surgery already, how long were you in the hospital? And, how long was it after coming home were you able to do things (go out, walk, etc.)
Hello I am looking for people who live in the Warren and Center Line area who are preparing for weight loss surgery or had the surgery. Possibly you are having it at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital on E. 10 Mile in Center Line or you had it there. I am preparing for surgery and even though I don't have my exact date as of yet I would like to keep in touch with others that are like me or was like me. Serious replies only please, maybe this summer we could form a walking group and just support each other through our journey of getting healthy.

Please contact me via email, if you are seriously interested in forming this group.

Thanks!

no_more_rolls
on 7/14/11 7:34 am - Jackson, MI
I wish I saw this earlier but by now you are probably out of surgery.  I pray you did well and wish you a speedy, yet healthy recovery 

As you know I had surgery last week on the 8th.  I was made to get up and walk within a couple of hours after my surgery.  I paced myself, but continued to walk a little further each time I got up...which was about every 2 to 4 hours.  I believe I had a different procedure than you.  I'm a DS patient.  I think you are a RNY patient?  My procedure was done laproscopically and I had a 2 night stay in the hospital.  I was told I could have stayed anywhere from 1 to 3 nights.  I'm still not up to going out to do anything, but I do feel better a little more each day than the day before.

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

avenalsmom
on 7/25/11 10:20 pm
 Hey Brandnewme, 

I just saw your post (a little late) and I hope you're feeling good about your decision!  The first three days were miserable, BUT, I had my surgery 2 days after you and I feel GREAT!!!  I can't even understand why I feel so terrific.  I'm up and about, running errands with my mom.  I tire out a little too quickly for my liking, but hey, I just had major surgery.  What do I expect?  I couldn't drive for 10 days of course, so when I got behind the wheel yesterday, I rubbed my van and told her how much I missed her and that grandma wouldn't be driving me around any more.  So silly, I know, but hey, I'm very independant. I go back to work Monday night and I'm actually enjoying this time off as a vacation rather than a recovery. I walk every day, and every little bit helps.  

Celebrate the new you and let go of the apprehension!  I'm on Long Island, so I can't join your walk/support group, but I will definitely support you here!   

Des

Lap Band 12/6/06. Band Removed 6/18/10. RNY 7/15/11.  GAME ON!!!         
Most Active
Recent Topics