Surgery On the 13th - 8 Days out...

Marcia B.
on 7/21/11 8:08 am - CA
I don't know if my scale is broken or my eyes... I can swear I look like I haven't lost an inch.  I wore big clothes before surgery cuz I love being comfy so I can't tell by the clothes.  My scale says 232 today I haven't weighed that since who knows when.  But I can't see a difference.  Does this happen to you in the beginning... I'm not depressed or sad just wondering if anyone else thought this in the first few weeks.  

Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

avenalsmom
on 7/25/11 9:46 pm
 I'm right there with ya! I don't see a difference in my clothes or the mirror yet, but I've yo-yo dieted my whole life.  We look at ourselves in the mirror and it's hard to see the gradual changes.  My mom said after about 6 days, "Do you know your face is thinning out?"  Two days later my sister and brother in law came over for brunch.  (I had a protein shake, they had my famous french toast)  He looked at me and said, "Hey Des, your face is thinner."  Holy cow that's what mom just said.  Two hours later, my brother asked if I was losing weight already cause he could see it in my face; Totally oblivious to the conversation I'd just had with my mom and brother in law.  

The point is, they see it.  We don't. It doesn't get obvious till somebody tells you it's time to buy new pants.  Last time I lost weight, my best friend told my my ass was saggy and I needed new scrubs!

Keep it up!

Des

Lap Band 12/6/06. Band Removed 6/18/10. RNY 7/15/11.  GAME ON!!!         
Marcia B.
on 7/26/11 5:14 am - CA
Thanks for the input since people have said that to me as well... you can really see it in your face. :) LOL but when people say that reminds me of this Stand-Up comic John Pinette who says that is what people all say and it's funny cuz he wonders how big was his face before he lost the weight LOL just makes it funny to me lol
anyway... thanks :) I was not really worried just wondered if this is normal lol
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Most Active
Recent Topics