6 months out! How's your progress?

no_more_rolls
on 1/10/12 5:37 pm - Jackson, MI
It's been a wild ride for me!  I hate the scale and prefer to measure inches at this point.  I'm wearing size 10 pants and medium shirts.  I've been yo-yoing for the past month with the same 10 pounds.  I just can't wait to get to goal...which at this point I no longer know what that is.  I'm thrilled over so many things my WLS has given me, but I really do hate all the loose skin.  I had more confidence at 300+ pounds than I do now.  When I was heavier, I was often an outspoken b*tch...now I tend to be on the shy side.  I think I used my weight as a form of protection before and now I have nothing to hide behind.

What are your thoughts?

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Christine Z.
on 1/11/12 9:22 am - CA
Its been a wild ride for me also. I've lost 69lbs so far and I am very pleased with myself but i do find that I still get VERY hungry. I can't eat as much but the hunger is there. How much food are you able to eat 1 cup or are you all at 1/2 cup whats the norm ? I need to get back on track low surger, fat, ect. I have also been yo-yoing I will stop losing any weight and about a month later all of a sudden 2 lbs will come off. But I must say I do love my new life. It's only been 6 months the loose skin is bad but for me right now at this point its one step at a time.

no_more_rolls
on 1/12/12 7:54 am - Jackson, MI
Well I had a different procedure than you, so things will be different as far as what I can eat.  Due to the malabsorbtion of my DS, I need to eat fat.  My diet mostly consists of high fat, high protein, low carb...and I really do not count calories.  I do have some friends that have the VSG like you though, so I am familiar with the diet.  I know you have to eat more low fat, low carb (sugar), high protein...and watch calories.  

I do feel hungry at times, but I think it is more "head hunger" instead of me really being hungry...even though my stomach rumbles so loudly I swear there is a creature trying to scratch it's way out!  lol  I have to eat every 2 to 3 hours and I can only eat between 1/2 to 1 cup at a time...but it honestly greatly depends on what I am eating.  If I am eating something solid, like a piece of chicken, I can only eat about a 1/2 cup.  If I am eating something soft, like a soup or protein shake, I tend to be able to eat 1 cup.  I do struggle with the sugar too...but I try to eat protein first then if I have room for anything "bad" I may only have a bite or 2 because there isn't room for more.  The recent holidays were a huge struggle!  

I've been going through the stalls too.  I will go several weeks and not lose a pound, then boom lose like 5 pounds!  It does get frustrating.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Most Active
Recent Topics