Recent Posts

lynni
on 6/9/11 3:24 am
Topic: RE: Any other July Buddies out there?
Hi I am having RNY surgery on July 11.  I'm sure I will be nervous that day but right now it's like waiting to go on vacation.  I am so excited I should have done this a long time ago.  Good luck and let me know what you decide.

no_more_rolls
on 6/8/11 4:42 am - Jackson, MI
Topic: What WLS goals do you have?
Hi everyone! 

I saw this topic on the main forum.   I thought it would be cool to know what WLS goals other people have pre-op that are having surgery the same month I am.  Have you started working on any yet? Have you met any goals yet?  

I have a list of goals on my profile.  I have already reached one goal pre-op!  I quit drinking pop (or soda as some of you may call it)!  I can't wait to reach all my goals, some more than others.  I know I have a lot of goals, but I think the more I have the more rewarding my WLS experience will be each time I reach a goal.  
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

no_more_rolls
on 6/8/11 4:31 am - Jackson, MI
Hi everyone!  I switched surgeons, so my surgery date has changed.  I was just told it may be July 8th now...but it could be sooner or later.     I hate not knowing!

I am so excited and feel that surgery can't come soon enough!  My BFF laughed at me!  She said, "Most people normally hear about having surgery are scared and worried, but no not you....you can't wait to have your guts rearranged!"   LOL  My reply, "YUP, YOU BET!"   

~Roxy
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

thikchik057
on 6/7/11 3:42 pm - Whittier, CA
my surgery date is July 20, 2011... im sooo ready
oldbooknewlook
on 6/7/11 12:59 pm - Yarmouth, ME
Hi!  My name is Amy and I am having my RNY on July 25th!  They were going to schedule me for June but I opted to schedule in July because my mom will be on vacation that week and she'll be able to help my husband with our daughter.  I've had my surgery date since mid-May and the wait is killing me!  Glad to meet other July buddies, thanks for posting! 
~Amy   165 lbs down!  My journey on YouTube: www.youtube.com/oldbooknewlook

msridman
on 6/7/11 11:32 am - GA
I just got my tentative date of July 12th as well.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  I am having RNY.   would love chat buddies as well.

Jenners
on 6/6/11 9:21 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I'm July 6th! I can't wait, 1 month away! I hope the time goes by fast I have done everything but a sleep study and my pre-ops, which will both be done next week. Then just 2 more weeks of waiting! Yay!
~*~JEN~*~     

HW: 406   SW: 358   CW: 231      
thompsonnj
on 6/6/11 9:39 am - Fort Washington, MD
 Hi everyone, I just got my tenative date too July 12th and I'm so excited.  I have to start my liquid diet on June 9th for 4 weeks.  There are a host of pre-op things to do but I'll get them all in.  Check my blog to see the list.  Good luck to everyone.

Kaysmommy
on 6/3/11 12:04 am - Silver City, NM
Yay, more July buddies. I have decided to have the sleeve. I am now just waiting patiently for the dr who did my psych eval to give it to my surgeon, so we can get my July date scheduled.

Susan, I decided this is a life change I need to be in for the long haul. So I know for the rest of my life I should be getting in a protein shake a day. When is a better time to get in the habit then when you make the life changing decision. I also have PCOS, and my ObGyn recommended RNY to me, but as he told me it's only from what he has seen in his office not from doing the proper research. I think all the surgeries are effective tools if you follow the guidlines.

I can't wait for our days to come.
Siui80
on 6/2/11 11:48 pm
Hi All, I'm Susan. I got my date last week, 13th July! Super excited, would love some friends on here at the same stage as myself. I am having the RNY as I have PCOS and by all accounts that is the better option for that condition.

Aimee, you are already on a protein shake a day? Tell me more, is this something I should do?
Most Active
Recent Topics