Update July Sleevers!

Dreamingofbeaches
on 7/18/14 9:05 am
with

Hey Everyone!  I wanted to check in and see how all the July sleevers, that have already had surgery, are doing.  How are you pre-op peeps doing?  I am on day 18 today.  Feeling darn good overall.  Back to work on day 16 and I've been pretty tired, which kind of surprised me because I hadn't been overly tired the last few days before coming back.  I'm slowly learning about my new tummy and coming to the realization that it is in charge.  I have had a few bouts of eating one or two bites too many.  I have learned that I get a tight/pressured feeling in my chest when I am getting full.  One or two bites after this feeling and I have gone too far and it is uncomfortable.  The other night I thought I felt that feeling start and decided I would have one more bite because I only had one bite left in my dish.  MISTAKE.  I almost instantly was nauseous.  I walked around hoping things would move down and start working their way through...no such luck.  I threw up for the first time post-op.  I instantly felt better.  Lesson learned...listen to my body.  I am hoping I don't have to learn that lesson many times before it sticks in my brain.  I am down 35 pounds since 6/16 when I started my two week pre-op diet.  I couldn't be happier with my results so far.  It is truly amazing to not experience hunger like before.  I look forward to this leg of my journey and continuing to work towards my goal.  Best wishes and good luck everyone!

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

Honey6177
on 7/23/14 10:28 am - Sunset, LA
VSG on 07/30/14

Congrats!!! I will be having surgery on 7/30 and I hope I have great results also!! Keep me posted on how you are!

CdngirlinNC
on 7/24/14 11:27 pm

Hi Jen,

My surgery was on July 7th and I'm doing fine.  It's been a learning curve for sure - and yes my princess tummy is definitely in charge.  Doesn't like this and doesn't like that and needs to have just the right temperature!  Please!  If I give it something it isn't ready for then on comes the big hissy fit (pressure and pain in chest around diaphragm) and I'm walking around for the next hour salivating like crazy and three times ended in throwing up.  OK - got it!  Lesson learned.  Tummy wants nothing in there that I have to chew (such as eggs - BIG PROBLEM!).  Not yet anyway.  So I'm still on liquids, yogurt, pudding, custard, cream soups.  That's ok, I can be patient.

I have lost a total of 18 lbs including 7 lbs lost during pre op.  Considering how little I'm eating (and have never felt any hunger) you'd think I'd be dropping faster but it's okay.  All in good time.  It's happening.

All the best to you for continued good health.

Trudy

VSG 07/07/14

MeLite
on 7/26/14 1:05 pm

Hi, y'all, I'm new to the site. Had VSG 7/21. It sounds like the surgeries did for you all exactly what it's supposed to: put your tummies in charge! I sure hope that happens for me. I'm 5 days post op and yes it is hard to get all liquids in, etc BUT I have to admit I am having bad head hunger already. Maybe when I'm able to eat solid food and it makes me feel bad that will help. Bc right now, with just 5 days under my belt, I'm sick of chicken broth, sweet shakes, jello. When I see a pic of food I think how good it would taste. That makes me so scared this isn't going to work for me! 

MeLite (VSG 7/21/14)

Sue M.
on 7/26/14 2:02 pm
VSG on 07/23/14

I understand about the princess tummy. LOL. I am only a few days out and my tummy is pretty picky. I'm looking forward to moving past all of the liquids and cream soups and into getting to eat something more like cottage cheese. I really can't complain. I'm a little tired, but feeling pretty good overall. Hang in there. I have to believe the tummy will get less persnickety in time.

VSG 7/23/2014

Honey6177
on 8/3/14 5:30 am - Sunset, LA
VSG on 07/30/14

Understand completely!! Had surgery 7/30 and it hurts to drink water, let alone anything else.  That pain I have heard will go away! Waiting the day for that to happen... Popsicles are my best friend... I am getting my liquids in and my protein but it is not at all easy!! I had a bout of gas and my son fell over... Poor thing.. At least there is some payback in my tummy problems. Lol  Good luck ladies.. Keep me posted! I need some buddies to get me through!!

Angel

rmyers79
on 8/3/14 6:49 am - Morningside , MD

I had sleeve gastrectomy surgery on July 21, 2014 at Anne Arundel Medical Center in Maryland. I am down 23 pounds since surgery. Ready to start the soft foods phases on August 14.

rmyers79
on 8/3/14 6:49 am - Morningside , MD

I had sleeve gastrectomy surgery on July 21, 2014 at Anne Arundel Medical Center in Maryland. I am down 23 pounds since surgery. Ready to start the soft foods phases on August 14.

Most Active